1896, an application for a school district under the name of Smith's Grove
was made. The School District covered the areas of Asker and Fair (Waterglen),
but neither area had sufficient children to warrant separate schools.
Between 1898 and 1899, more settlers with families made the 2 districts
home, so an application was made to create the
Fair School District #499, which was established on 9 May 1899, to
serve the Fair (Waterglen) region.
districts purchased identical log cabins from Mr. Sigalet who was located
in the territory between Samson and Red Deer Lakes, for the price of $50
each. The cabins were moved to the new school locations, with the first
classes in the Fair School being held in 1899 and the first classes in
the Smith's Grove School in 1900.
In 1903, Smith's Grove was officially renamed Asker
School District #408, and in 1926, the Fair School District became
the Waterglen School District