An application was made to establish a new district, and in 1916
the Hohn School District
#3368, was formed. Later, in 1919, the Community applied to
have the name changed and the School District became known as Wooddale.
It has been suggested the name of Wooddale was chosen
because of the location being heavily wooded, and a 'dale-like'
lay of the surrounding area.
After postponing the building of the school for several years, one
was finally constructed in 1920 by E.J. Da-vidson of Calgary. The
total cost was $2,150 and the building was erected on a two acre
plot, located on the NE corner of Section 23-42-2-WSth meridian,
which had been purchased from Mary Jane Reed for the sum of $50.