SANKOFA'S SLAVERY DATA COLLECTION
Location: Pointe Coupee Pa., LA
History: Built in 1750 by the Marquis Viscent de Ternant, Parlange was constructed
of bousilliage (mud, moss and deer hair) and cypress set over a hand-made brick
raised basement. The plantation home is one of the finest examples of French
Colonial architecture remaining in Louisiana and the country today. The home
remains in the possession of the Marquis' descendents, the Parlange family.
This National Historic Landmark features magnificent furnishings and paintings
which are original to the home. Parlange is the most readily identified monument
of Pointe Coupee's legendary history. Parlange can be found on False River Road
five miles southwest of New Roads.
Associated Surnames: de Ternant
Associated Free White Names
Associated Black Slave Names
Description of Associated Architecture
Other People Researching This Plantation