SANKOFA'S PLANTATION DATABASE
Location: East of Tallahatchie River; between Shellmound and Money, Leflore
History: Wildwood Plantation was owned by Colonel Maynard S. McLean of Lexington, MS until 1927. His wife Sallie E. Boyle McLean, had died in 1897. After 1927, Wildwood Plantation was mamanged by Jeff C. Wilson of Shaw, MS on behalf of Money Planting Co., operated by Wilson's nephew, Charles E. Merrill (of Merrill, Lynch & Co. fame). Merrill had purchased the plantation for about $500,000 in 1927. By 1998, Wildwood Plantation was operated by Creswell Farms.
Associated Surnames: McLean, Merrill, Wilson
Associated Free White Names
Associated Black Slave Names
Description of Associated Architecture
Other People Researching This Plantation