Juneau's municipal cemetery in the northwestern part of the city. Evergreen Cemetery Association
deeded the grounds to the City of Juneau on May 23, 1907. Calhoun Avenue, a residential street and
principal traffic artery running along the edge of the bluff from Fourth Street to Gold Creek.
Named for Mrs. Mary V. Calhoun, an early resident of the area. The street was first opened about
1890 to provide access to Evergreen Cemetery, which had then just been established. It was first
known as Cemetery Road and this name continued in use at least as late as 1902. Pederson Hill was
caretaker at Evergreen Cemetery from 1902 until 1910.
Evergreen Digital Pictures
Evergreen Funeral Records
- Microfilmed by: Gastuneau Genealogical Society July 1987
Burial or Removal Permit Index
Evergreen Cemetery Burial Date
- To find records, click on the first letter for the surname:
Note: These records may not be complete. In particular,
older graves in the Alaska Native and Orthodox sections may not be listed.
Contacts for Juneau Cemeteries: