Logo


ALASKA GENWEB PROJECT

KETCHIKAN GATEWAY - PRINCE OF WALES - HYDER BOROUGH AND CENSUS AREA, ALASKA

Welcome to to the Alaska GenWeb Project. I'm Cynthia Grant, your Borough Coordinator. Please feel free to make this site your own. You are welcome to submit any data, photos, or other information that you think would be helpful for genealogical researchers. Items can be submitted as Word documents, Excel Documents, or scans.
 
Search this site
TABLE OF CONTENTS
button WHAT'S NEW? Easily determine what has been added since your last visit.
button AIRCRAFT OWNERSHIP List of all aircraft owners in Ketchikan Gateway - Prince of Wales - Hyder Borough/Census Area.
New BIBLIOGRAPHY Under development. Please submit any good local history sources that you are aware of.
button BIOGRAPHIES Under development.
button BOAT OWNERSHIP List of boat ownership in Ketchikan-Prince of Wales-Hyder Borough/Census Area. Sorted by boat name.
Boats A-H Boats I - P Boats Q-Z
button CEMETERIES & FUNERAL HOMES Under development. Cemetery transcribers wanted!
 
New
Riverview Cemetery - Hyder, courtesy of Peter Caffall-Davis
 
Bayview Cemetery
Latitude(DEC) 55.3355556 Longitude(DEC) -131.6247222
Latitude(DMS) 552008N Longitude(DMS) 1313729W
Map Name Ketchikan B-5
button CHURCHES Under development.
New DEATHS Extracted from the Social Security Death Index.
A-B C-D E-G H-J K-L M-O P-R S-U V-Z
button DEEDS Denise Jausoro, Ketchikan Recorder
415 Main St., Room 310
Ketchikan, AK 99901
(907) 225-3142
(Fax) 247-3142
  Ketchikan Recording District covers the following areas:
Annette * Bell I. Hot Springs * Bob's Place * Burroughs Bay * Cape Pole * Chiniak * Chininiak * Chomly * Clover Pass * Coffman Cove * Coppermount (Aband) * Craig * Dolomi (Aband) * Edna Bay * Fillmore * Fitzgibbon Cove * Four Mile Camp * Hadley (Aband) * Ham Cove * Heceta * Helm Bay * Herring Cove * Hidden Inlet * Howkan (Site) * Hunters Bay * Hydaburg * Hyder * Kaigani * Karheen (Aband) * Karta Bay * Kasaan * Kelly Cove * Ketchikan * Klawock * Klinkwan * Loring * Marys Island L.S. * Metlakatla * Moira Sound * Mountain Point * Myers Chuck * Nakat * Neats Bay * Niblack * Noyes Island * Pennock Island * Quadra * Riverside Mines * Roe Point * Rose Inlet * Salt Chuck * Santa Ana * Saxman * Smeaton Bay * Steamboat Bay * Sulzer (Aband) * Sunny Point * Thorne Bay * Tokeen * Tongass * Tree Point * Tuxekan (Aband) * Unak Landing (Unuk) * Union Bay * Unuk (Unak Landing) * View Cove * Wacker City * Ward Cove * Waterfall * Whale Pass * Yes Bay
Uncle Sam LOOKUPS AND VOLUNTEERS We need you! Please visit this page to see how you can help.
button MUSEUMS, LIBRARIES & HISTORICAL/GENEALOGICAL SOCIETIES
button MAPS Nice collection of Alaska maps to help you with your research
button NATIVE CULTURE MAP Shows the locations of the various native cultures of Southern Alaska on this map, courtesy of W. "Bill" Jones of Stratford, Florida
button NEWSPAPERS - CURRENT The Ketchikan Daily News
button NEWSPAPERS - HISTORICAL This shows what newspapers were available and when.
  Cape Prince Of Wales Craig
  Fort Tongass Hydaburg
  Hyder AK and Steward BC Ketchikan
  Klawock Port Alexander
  Thorne Bay
New OBITUARIES Feel free to submit copies of your obituaries for posting.
button PHOTOS Under development. Feel free to submit photos for posting.
button PIONEERS Under development.
New PROBATE AND COURT RECORDS
Surnames A-C Surnames D-I Surnames J-N Surnames O-Z
button QUERY / MESSAGE BOARDS These have been upgraded and combined with the Ancestry Boards. Post/View queries, bios, bible records, deeds, obits, pensions, and wills here. These are a valuable resource and all genealogists need to learn how to use them.
button RESOURCES Ketchikan Gateway Borough, AK
344 Front Street
Ketchikan, AK 99901-6431
Phone: (907)228-6625
Fax: (907)247-8439
STUDENTS 2002 Craig High School Honor Roll
button SURNAMES Research your family name through the Ancestry.com surname boards
button TIMELINE OF ALASKA HISTORY A brief timeline to help you figure out what happened and when.
button TOWNS, VILLAGES & POPULATED PLACES
 
Annette
This place was probably established during World War 2; now home for Coast Guard, Weather Bureau, Federal Aviation Agency, and airline personnel and their families. The community has a school (Alaska Sportsman, 1962, no. 12, p. 26); it obtained a postoffice in 1947. Located on Annette Island., 1 mi. NNE of Annette I. Airport on the W shore of Tamgas Harbor.
 
Beaver Falls
Pop. 5
This site is a cannery. Located on Beaver Falls Creek
 
Bell Island Hot Springs
Summer
Pop. 15
Hot springs resort probably named by George Roe who took this property as a homestead in 1902 and "erected a bathhouse and a number of cabins along a boardwalk extending to a landing place opposite the boat anchorage and developed the springs as a resort for the medicinal use of the water. On his death in 1914 the management of the place was continued by his brothers" (Waring, 1917, p. 19). The Bell Island post office was established here in 1932, discontinued in 1954. Located on N bank of Behm Canal at SW end of Bell Island.
 
Cape Pole
The Cape Pole post office was established in 1949 and discontinued in 1953 (Ricks, 1965, p. 9). Cape Pole is a logging community with a population of about 100 (Alaska Sportsman, 1962, no. 12, p. 28). Located at Cape Pole, on E shore of Fishermans Harbor, on SW coast of Kosciusko Island.
 
Chomly
(historical)
Abandoned settlement and former cannery site, which was spelled as "Cholmondeley". The Chomly post office was established in 1900 and discontinued in 1930 (Ricks, 1965, p. 12). Located in Tongass National Forest on Prince of Wales Island, on the S shore of the West Arm Cholmondeley Sound (Aban'd)
 
Clover Pass
No information available.
 
Coffman Cove
Named for adjacent Coffman Cove (bay). Located in Tongass National Forest, on the NE shore of Prince of Wales Island on Clarence Strait, 0.8 km (0.5 mi) SE of Coffman Island, 40 km (25 mi) N of Klawock
 
Coppermount
(historical)
The Coppermount post office was established here in 1900 and transferred to Sulzer in 1907 (Ricks, 1965, p. 14). This former mining settlement is shown as abandoned on current sources. "Few signs remain of the salmon cannery , formerly located on the northern shore of the bay" (US Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1962, p. 77). Located on SW coast of Prince of Wales Island at head of Copper Harbor, E of Hetta Inlet.
 
Craig
Originally named "Fish Egg" for nearby Fish Egg Island. Located on Craig and Prince of Wales Islands, at the south end of Klawak Inlet, 60 miles northwest of Ketchikan,
 
Dairy
Located on SW coast of Revillagigedo Island 4 mi. SE of Ketchikan
 
Dora Bay
No information available. Shown on USGS Craig A-1 map.
 
Edna Bay
This is a logging village. A post office was established here in 1943 but was transferred to Ketchikan in 1960 (Ricks, 1965, p. 18). Located on SE coast of Kosciusko Island, at W edge of Edna Bay.
 
Hadley
(historical)
Name of village site reported in 1904 by H. C. Fassett, U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF). The Hadley post office was established here in 1912 and transferred to Ketchikan in 1918 (Ricks, 1965, p. 24). "Hadley is an abandoned settlement * * It was the shipping point for mines in the vicinity, which are not now in operation. The wharf is in ruins" (U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1962, p. 57). Located on E coast of Prince of Wales Island, at Lyman Anchorage, on Kasaan Peninsula.
 
Herring Cove
Pop. 126
This residential suburb of Ketchikan was reported in 1960 by the U.S. Census Bureau. Located on Herring Bay, 2 mi. N of Mountain Point, on S coast of Revillagigedo Island.
 
Hetta
(historical)
Local name reported in 1905 as "Hettah" by E. F. Dickins, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), Current sources show this village to be abandoned. Located on SW coast of Prince of Wales I., E of Hetta Inlet, on S shore of Hetta Cove.
 
Hollis
No information available. Located on USGS Craig C-2 map.
 
Howkan
Tlingit Indian name reported in 1881 by Lieutenant Commander Nichols, U.S. Navy (USN). "Howkan * * * was at one time the largest village of the Hyda (Haido) Indians in the area. All that remains to mark this site is some evidence of clearing (U. W. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1962, p79)" This village was absorbed by the former village of Kaigani which, in turn, was abandoned when the village of Hydaburg was established in 1911 in order to centralize the school system. The Jackson post office was established at Howkan in 1882, and probably named for Sheldon Jackson, who established a mission here in 1881. The post office name was changed to Howcan in 1886, back to Jackson in 1890, and back to Howcan in 1903. In 1917 the post office was discontinued and transferred to Hydaburg (Ricks, 1937, p27). J. F. Swanton (in Hodge, 1907, p573), Bureau of American Ethnology (BAE), says "Howkan a Tlingit (Indian) word probably referring to a stone which stood up in front of the town, although some derive it from "gowakon," deer being numerous there). Located on NW coast of Long Island, at Howkan Narrows.
 
Hydaburg
Name for the "Haida" Indians, the original inhabitants of this village, who came from the village of Kaigani. Hydaburg was founded in 1911 to centralize the school system; a post office was established in 1912 (Ricks, 1965, p. 28). The village is manly engaged in fishing and trapping and has a cooperative cannery (Alaska Sportsman, 1962, no. 12, p. 28). See Kaigani. Located on W coast of Prince of Wales Island, 22 mi. SE of Craig.
 
Hyder
Pop. 72

On the eastern fringe of Misty Fiords National Monument, at the head of Portland Canal, is Hyder, a town that may be in Alaska but identifies more closely with its Canadian neighbors just across the border in Stewart, British Columbia.

Even though Hyder has mainland road access, the town is so isolated from the rest of Alaska it's 72 residents are almost totally dependent on larger Stewart (pop. 700), just across the Canadian border. Hyder's residents use Canadian money, set their watches to Pacific Standard Time (not Alaska Standard Time), use Stewart’s area code and send their children to Canadian schools. When there’s trouble, the famed Canadian Mounties step in. All this can make a side trip here something of an international affair.

Hyder has a number of gold rush-era saloons, which are popular with visitors. The Glacier Inn is the best known and features an interior papered in signed bills, creating the '$20,000 Walls' of Hyder. Next door is First and Last Chance Saloon, and both bars are lively at night. There’s also the Toastworks in Stewart, a restaurant that doubles up as a toaster museum with more than 500 models on display.

But the best reason to find your way to this out-of-the-way place is for bear viewing. From late July to September, you can head six miles north of town on Salmon Glacier Road to the Fish Creek Wildlife Viewing Area and watch and photograph large brown and black bears feeding on pink and chum salmon that are spawning by the thousands upstream. It’s some of the most accessible bear viewing in Alaska. The U.S. Forest Service maintains a viewing platform and boardwalk here and there are interpreters onsite during the summer. Another 17 miles north along the road – in British Columbia - is a viewing point of impressive Salmon Glacier, the fifth largest in Canada.

Hyder was founded in 1896 when Captain DD Gailland explored Portland Canal for the US Army Corps of Engineers and built four stone storehouses, the first masonry buildings erected in Alaska, which still stand today. Both towns boomed after major gold and silver mines were opened in 1919 and Hyder became the supply center for more than 10,000 residents. The small Alaska town has been losing residents ever since, and is the reason Hyder now calls itself "'the friendliest ghost town in Alaska."

Per the USGS: This mining community, the easternmost village in Alaska, was established in 1907 and named "Portland City" because of its location. When the post office was established in 1915, the U. S. Post Office Dept. rejected this name. The village was named Hyder for Frederick Hyder, a Canadian mining engineer who was brought to Portland City in 1914 to examine some claims. "Among the claims examined by him was the Big Missouri, belonging to Daniel Lindeborg. His report on this was so favorable that Lindeborg later proposed his name * * * for the post office." The population in 1945 was 254, mostly Indians (Colby, 1945, p. 124); in 1962 it was about 30 (Alaska Sportsman, 1962, No. 12, p. 26). According to US@C&GS the town is now practically deserted (1962, p. 28). Located, at mouth of Salmon River, on W bank of Portland Canal, Coast Mts.

 
Kah Shakes
(historical)
Former Tlingit Indian village named for Kah Shakes, the chief of the village; published "Kah Shakes Cove," in the 1890 Census (p. 25). In the 1880 Census Petroff (1884, p. 32) reported "Kashs Village," population 49, located here, and "Shakes Village," population 38, on nearby Etolin Island. See Shakes Village. Located on shore of Kah Shakes Cove, near entrance to Boca de Quadra, Coast Mts
 
Karheen
(historical)
Former village established at a cannery about 1914; named for Karheen Creek. Located on Karheen Cove, SW coast of Tuxekan Island.
 
Kasaan
Pop. 36
A village established in 1890's when a salmon-packing plant was located here. Kasaan relocated here; The post office was established in 1900 and was named for the old village. Population was 129 in 1910; 126 in 1920; 112 in 1930; 85 in 1939; and 47 in 1950. Located on Kasaan Bay on the southwest coast of Kasaan Peninsula, Prince of Wales Island
 
Ketchikan
Pop. 6483
Borough seat, Industrial city and port of entry, established as a fishing town when a cannery was built in 1887. The town became a supply center during the gold rush period in the late 1890's. Its population was 40 in 1890; 1,613 in 1910; 2,458 in 1920; 3,796 in 1930; 4,695 in 1939; and 5,305 in 1950. The Ketchikan post office was established in 1892. The city was named after Ketchikan Creek. Located on S coast of Revillagigedo Island, on N shore of Tongass Narrows.

Touristy Description: Just 90 miles north of Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Ketchikan hugs the bluffs that form the shoreline along the southwest corner of Revillagigedo Island. If you spend enough time in Ketchikan chances are good that it will rain at least once. The average annual rainfall is 162 inches, but in some years it has been known to be more than 200 inches. Local residents call it ”liquid sunshine” and umbrellas are rarely used. But rain or shine, the beauty of Ketchikan's setting becomes apparent. The town is backed by forested slopes and distinctively shaped Deer Mountain and faces Tongass Narrows, a waterway humming with floatplanes, fishing boats, ferries and barges hauling freight to other Inside Passage ports.

Stretching 31 miles long but never more than 10 blocks wide, Ketchikan is centered on Tongass Avenue, which is never out of view of Tongass Narrows. On one side of the avenue, many businesses and homes are built on stilts out over the water, while on the other side they cling to the steep slopes and often have winding wooden staircases leading to their doors.

The downtown area is the main commercial district and contains two large harbors, several cruise ship docks, and many of Ketchikan’s main attractions, including historic Creek Street, a boardwalk road built over Ketchikan Creek on pilings. The city center is best viewed from Ketchikan’s Waterfront Promenade that skirts the busy shoreline and is equipped with historical markers and whale-tail benches for visitors to rest and gather in the view.

The road system extends both north and south of the city and leads to more parks, attractions and accommodations. RVers often depart the Alaska Marine Highway and head north to a handful of campgrounds including Settlers Cove State Recreation Area at the end of the road, 18 miles north of Ketchikan, where the sites are nestled among a lush rainforest overlooking a scenic coastal area. To the south, South Tongass Avenue leads to totems and hiking trails. For more information on campgrounds, trails and public-use cabins contact the U.S. Forest Service Ketchikan-Misty Fjords Ranger District (907-225-2148).

Ketchikan also serves as the departure point for side trips to Prince of Wales Island, Annette Island, numerous bear viewing sites and the area’s most impressive attraction - Misty Fiords National Monument. This 3,570-square-mile wilderness is a natural mosaic of sea cliffs, steep fjords and rock walls jutting 3,000 feet straight out of the ocean. Trips into the monument, whether by tour boat, flightseeing or kayak, result in wildlife sightings from seals and otters to bald eagles and whales.

Founded as a cannery site in 1885, Ketchikan's livelihood was initially fishing and for years the city was known as the “Canned Salmon Capital of the World.” Logging became an important industry as well and when cruise ships started plying the waters of the Inside Passage, Ketchikan naturally became a popular port of call.

Ketchikan is known as Alaska’s “First City,” the initial port for Alaska Marine Highway ferries and cruise ships coming up from the south. For the vast majority of visitors stepping ashore, this is their first view of Alaska. Rarely does this community of 12,993 disappoint them.

 
Klawock
Tlingit Indian village reported in 1853, on Russian Hydrographic Dept. Chart 1493, as "Sel(eniye) Klyakkhan,; i.e. "Klyakkhan settlement," applied to a location on the west side of Shinaku Inlet. to the establishment of a cannery at the present site in 1878. H. J. Holmberg referred to the village in 1855 as "Thlewhakh"; Aurel Krause reported "Chla-wak-kon," i.e. listed as "Klawak" in the 1890 Census. 261 in 1890; 131 in 1900; 241 in 1910; 19 in 1920; 437 in 1930; 455 in 1939; and 404 in 1950. established in 1882. Located on W coast of Prince of Wales Island, 5 mi NNE of Craig,
 
Klinkwan
Tlingit Indian name recorded in 1897 by Lieutenant Commander J. F. Moser, U.S. Navy (USN). A 1951 U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map shows one building at the site of this abandoned village. According to J. R. Swanton (in Hodge, 1907, p. 714), Bureau of American Ethnology (BAE), "Klinkwan" is derived from the Tlingit "linqoan" meaning "shellfish town" or "town where they split yellow cedar bark into long strings." This is a "Haida town, occupied by the Yaku-lanas * * *" (Hodge, 1907, p. 714).
Description: Near E entrance to Klakas Inlet, on the SW part of Prince of Wales Island.
 
Labouchere Bay
No information available. Located on USGS Petersburg B-5 map.
 
Lake Bay
(historical)
This is the site of an abandoned fishing village; shown as an abandoned cannery on current maps. In 1890 the U.S. Census Bureau (1893, p. 29) reported this fishing station to be one of the best on Prince of Wales Island; concerning the population, it was reported that "There is a settlement here usually of about 50 natives and half a dozen white men during the fishing season, but it is wholly abandoned in the winter months." A post office operated here from 1911 to 1921. Located on E shore of Lake Bay Creek on NE coast of Prince of Wales Island, SE of Stevenson Island
 
Long Island
No information available. Located on USGS Dixon Entrance D-3 map.
 
Loring
Pop. 10
This fishing village was built around a salmon cannery established in 1885 and abandoned in 1930. A post office, established here in 1885 was discontinue d in 1936 (Ricks, 1965, p. 40). Located on W coast of Revillagigedo Island near head of Naha Bay.
 
Metlakatla
Tsimshian Indian town established in 1887 when Reverend William Duncan, who established a mission of the Church of England at (Old) Metlakatla in British Columbia in 1957, moved here with most of the Indians in his charge due to differences with his superiors over the conduct of his work. The Annette Island location was first called New Metlakatla and "sometimes Port Chester by outsiders." The 1890 census listed a population of 823; 465 in 1900; 602 in 1910; 574 in 1920; 466 in 1930; 674 in 1939; and 817 in 1950. The Metlakahtla post office was established in 1888, discontinued in 1889. It was reestablished as New Metlakahtla in 1892; spelling changed to Metlakahtla in 1895 and again changed in 1904 to its present form. Located n the S shore of Port Chester, W coast of Annette Island, 15 mi. S of Ketchikan.
 
Mountain Point
Pop. 372
Local name for this residential district of Ketchikan reported in 1960 by the U.S. Census Bureau. Located on S coast of Revillagigedo Island, at Mountain Point, 5 mi. SE of Ketchikan
 
Mud Bay
Pop. 35
This is a residential suburb of Ward Cove; recorded in 1954 by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Located on W coast of Revillagigedo Island, 5.5 mi. NW of Ketchikan.
 
Naukati Bay
No information available. Located on USGS Craig D-4 map.
 
New Metlakatla
See Metlakatla.
 
Peninsula Point
Pop. 47
This is an extention of the Ketchikan settlement area northwest along the highway. Located on Peninsula Point, S of Ward Cove, on SW coast of Revillagigedo Island.
 
Pennock Island
Pop. 50
This is a part of the Ketchikan settlement area. Located on E coast of Pennock Island on Whiskey Cove, 0.5 mi. S of Ketchikan
 
Point Baker
Pop. 38
Fishing and logging village. The Point Baker post office was established in 1942 (Ricks, 1965, p. 52). Located on offshore island off NW tip of Prince of Wales Island, on Sumner Strait.
 
Polk Inlet
No information available. Located on USGS Craig B-2 map.
 
Port Alexander
Pop. 18
Fishing village, once the center of the largest trolling fleet in Alaska (Balcom, 1965, p. 67). Named for the estuary it is located on. Its population was 107 in 1930; 87 in 1939; and 22 in 1950. The Port Alexander post office was established in 1926. Located on SE coast of Baranof Island, on W side of Chatham Strait.
 
Port Alice
No information available. Located on USGS Craig D-5 map.
 
Port Chester
See Metlakatla.
 
Port Higgins
Pop. 66
This is an extention of the settlement area northwest of Ketchikan along the highway. Located on SW coast of Revillagigedo Island SE of Point Higgins, 8 mi. NW of Ketchikan.
 
Port Protection
No information available. Located on USGS Petersburg B-5 map.
 
Refuge Cove
Pop. 146
Relatively recent village presently without a post office. Located on Refuge Cove, 0.4 mi. W of Wacker, on the SW coast of Revillagigedo Island.
 
Salt Chuck
Pop. 10
Local name published in 1943 by U@C&GS "chuck" is a Chinook jargon word meaning "water." According to E. L. Keithahn of the Alaska Historical Library and Museum, this word is usually applied to "a salt lake that fills at high tide, sometimes with a bore, and empties or partly empties at low tide with a reverse bore or sometims 'falls.' A strong or dangerous chuck is sometimes called Skookum chuck; 'skookum' meaning 'strong.'" Located on E coast of Prince of Wales island, at head of Kasaan Bay.
 
Saxman
Pop. 153
Tlingit Indian village founded in 1894; named for Samuel Saxman, school teacher. The population was 154 in 1910; 103 in 1920; 112 in 1930; 111 in 1939 ; and 167 in 1950. The Saxman post office operated from 1897 to 1900. (Ricks, 1965, p. 56). Located on S coast of Revillagigedo Island 2.5 mi. SE of Ketchikan.
 
Shakes Village
See Kah Shakes.
 
Shoreline Drive
Pop. 56
This is an extention of the Ketchikan settlement area northwest along the highway.Located on W coast of Revillagigedo Island, 3 mi. NW of Ketchikan.
 
Thorne Bay
Logging camp reported in 1960. Incorporated. Located on Thorne Bay, E coast of Prince of Wales Island, 12 mi. NNW of Kasaan.
 
Tokeen
Located on the NW coast of Marble Island, 9 miles NE of the community of Edna Bay
 
Ward Cove
This village is an extension of the settlement area of Ketchikan northwest along the highway. A saltery was established here in 1883-84 by W. W. Waud. See Ward Cove. Eugene Wacker was first postmaster of the Wacker post office established 1920. The post office name was changed to Wards Cove in 1951 and then to Ward Cove in 1954 (Ricks, 1965, p. 69-70). The village population was 57 in 1930.Located on the N shore of Ward Cove, at the SW end of Revillagigedo Island, 4.5 mi NW of Ketchikan.
 
Waterfall
Name published by H. M. Eakin (in Brooks and others, 1915, pl. 5), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). "Waterfall*** has a cannery and store at which some fishermen's supplies, gasoline, and fuel oil can be obtained*** cannery wharf***. Waterfall has radio communication during the canning season".
Description: a cannery, on W coast of Prince of Wales Island, 13 mi. SW of Craig
 
Whale Pass
Named for the nearby feature Whale Passage. Located on the NE shore of Prince of Wales Island, near the head of Whale Passage, 25 miles SE of Point Baker, 39 miles SW of Wrangell.
button VITAL RECORDS Handled by the Alaska Bureau of Vital Statistics. Under Alaska law, all Vital Statistics records are strictly confidential until they become public records. Births become public records 100 years after the event; deaths, marriages, and divorces become public records 50 years after the event.
button
YEARBOOKS
This is an area where volunteers can be of great help. If you have an old yearbook, scan it in and send it to the Borough Coordinator.

Should you have any questions, please email the Borough Coordinator.

Mailbox Icon

Alaska GenWeb Logo
US GenWeb Logo

 

This page was last modified: Saturday, 15-Mar-2014 23:06:12 MDT  

You are our 11190 visitor since 10/1/2009 - thanks for stopping by!

Copyright 2009 to present for the benefit of the AKGenWeb Project.