This building served as the first Lavaca Post Office and is believed to
have been built about 1898. It is still owned by the Wilcox descendents
and is currently being used as a bait shop.
The wooden shutters are still intact, as well as the original mail slot. When the building was still in use as a post office, patrons would pass mail through this slot on days when the post office was closed.