County Map
ALGenWeb: Chilton County

Chilton County

Chilton County was created by act of the Alabama legislature on 30 December 1868 from land taken from Autauga, Bibb, Perry, and Shelby counties. Originally named Baker County, in honor of Alfred Baker, a prominent citizen, it was renamed Chilton in honor of Chief Justice William Parish Chilton on 17 December 1874. In 1992, the population was 33,220 in a land area of 695 square miles, an average of 47.9 people per square mile. The county seat is located at Clanton . In addition to those counties is Coosa County to the East with the Coosa River as the boundary. A corner of Chilton and Elmore Counties meet and families can be found there with ties to Chilton.
SHELBY TALADEGA COOSA ELMORE AUTAUGA DALLAS PERRY BIBB Image Map
SHELBY | TALADEGA | COOSA | ELMORE | AUTAUGA | DALLAS | PERRY | BIBB |