| || |
The Civil War
Dyer's Regimental History of the
1st REGIMENT CAVALRY of Alabama
1st Alabama Calvary
- Organized at Huntsville, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn., October, 1862.
- Attached to Cavalry Brigade, District of Corinth, 16th Army Corps, Dept. of Tennessee, January to March, 1863.
- Cavalry Brigade, District of Corinth, 2nd Division, 16th Army Corps, to June, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, 16th Army Corps, to August, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 16th Army Corps, to April, 1864.
- Cavalry 4th Division, 16th Army Corps, to May, 1864.
- Headquarters 16th Army Corps to September, 1864.
- Unattached 15th Army Corps to November, 1864.
- Unattached 3rd Division, Cavalry Corps, Military Division Mississippi, to January, 1865.
- 3rd Brigade, Kilpatrick's 3rd Cavalry Division, Cavalry Corps, Military Division Mississippi, to June, 1865.
- District Northern Alabama, Dept. of the Cumberland, to October, 1865.
- Duty in District of Corinth, Miss., till June, 1863.
- Action at Cherokee Station, Ala., December 12, 1862.
- Chewalla, Tenn., January 20, 1863.
- Tuscumbia, Ala., February 22.
- Bear Creek March 3.
- Carroll County (Cos. "H" and "L") April 4.
- Glendale April 14.
- Dodge's Expedition to North Alabama April 15-May 8.
- Barton's Station April 16-17.
- Dickson, Great Bear Creek, Cherokee Station and Lundy's Lane April 17.
- Rock Cut, near Tuscumbia, April 22.
- Tuscumbia April 23.
- Town Creek April 28.
- Expedition to Tupelo, Miss., May 2-8.
- King's Creek, near Tupelo, May 5.
- Burnsville, Miss., June 11.
- Ripley Aug. 3.
- Vincent's Cross Roads and Bay Springs, Ala., October 26.
- Operations on Memphis & Charleston R. R. November 3-5.
- Colliersville, Tenn., November 3.
- Moscow, Miss., November 4.
- Camp Davies, Miss., November 22 (Detachment).
- Operations on Memphis & Charleston R. R. against Lee's attack November 28-December 10.
- Molino November 28.
- Wolf River Bridge December 4.
- Expedition toward Tuscumbia, Ala., December 9-24.
- Jack's Creek December 24.
- Expedition from Memphis to Wyatt's, Miss.,
- February 6-18, 1864 (Detachment).
- Coldwater Ferry February 8.
- Near Senatobia February 8-9.
- Wyatt's February 13.
- Operations against Forrest, in West Tennessee and Kentucky, February 16-April 14.
- Reconnoissance down Tennessee River to Triana April 12-16 (Detachment).
- Decatur, Ala., April 17.
- Atlanta Campaign May to September.
- Movements on Dalton May 5-9.
- Snake Creek Gap May 10-12.
- Battle of Resaca May 13-15.
- Rome Cross Roads May 16.
- Battles about Dallas May 25-June 5.
- Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2.
- Nickajack Creek July 2-5.
- Chattahoochee River July 6-17.
- Cove Springs July 8.
- Expedition to Centre, Ala., July 11-13.
- Decatur July 19-22.
- Battle of Atlanta July 22.
- Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 25.
- Scout to Cedar Bluff, Ala., July 28-29.
- Expedition from Rome to Jacksonville, Ala., August 11-15.
- Buchanan August 15.
- Coreysville August 20.
- Flank movement on Jonesboro August 25-30.
- Battle of Jonesboro August 31-September 1.
- Bolensville September 3.
- Rome September 6.
- Reconnoissance from Rome on Cave Springs Road October 12-13.
- March to the sea November 15-December 10.
- Ball's Ferry, Oconee River, November 24-25.
- Waynesboro November 27-29.
- Briar Creek December 4.
- Little Ogeechee River December 4.
- Siege of Savannah December 10-21.
- Campaign of the Carolinas January to April, 1865.
- River's Bridge, S.C., February 7.
- Williston February 8.
- Near White Post February 8.
- Aiken February 11.
- Gunther's Bridge February 14.
- Rockingham, N. C., March 7.
- Monroe's Cross Roads March 10.
- Averysboro, Taylor's Hole Creek, March 16.
- Battle of Bentonville March 19-21.
- Faisson's Depot March 30-31.
- Roachland April 1.
- Mt. Pleasant April 11.
- Occupation of Raleigh April 13.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his Army.
- Ordered to Dept. of the Cumberland May.
- Duty in District of Northern Alabama and at Huntsville, Ala., till October.
- Mustered out October 20, 1865.
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental Histories by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added for clarity.--if you remove the format you have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
| Search the Franklin County Archives at ALGenWeb |
Search the Franklin County Tombstone Project
| Please note: This search will locate your surname(s) on any page that is part of this site but does not cover pages that are "offsite," such as the Alabama Archives for Franklin County or the Tombstone Project for Franklin County. You will need to search these databases individually below|
Search the Franklin County Message Board
| Search the Franklin County Mailing List |
Edited with Arachnophilia