Welcome to ArGenWebs:


Calhoun County, Arkansas was formed on December 6, 1850 by the Arkansas General Assembly who carved it from portions of Dallas, Ouachita and Bradley Counties to give the area citizens a more centrally located seat of government. The county was named for John C. Calhoun, an early Vice President of the United States serving under John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson.