Monument at Courthouse
Fulton County, Arkansas
Submitted April 18, 2003, by Gene Simpson
Dedicated on May 29, 1990
Fulton County Historical Society
These people are buried in a yard not far from the courthouse. The owner of the land brought the monument to the courthouse,
where it remained in the basement for many years. In 1990, the
Historical Society refurbished the stone and put it on the Fulton County
In 1842, Wm. P. Morris donated land for courthouse and town of Salem for the county seat of Fulton County.
Juliet Mandeville "Mandy" McJunkin Loyed was a step-daughter to William and a daughter to this second wife,
Catherine Elizabeth "Betsy" Kerr McJunkin Morris. Mandy married Jim Loyed ca 1839.
Joe Morris is a son of William P. Morris. There are descendants still
living in Fulton County.
*Information provided by Vernon Williams, a descendant of Mandy Loyed.*
William P. Morris, Died Dec 09, 1851
Joe Morris (Son of William P. Morris)
Mandy Loyed, Died March 12, 1852
© 2000-04 by Arkansas-Cemeteries Mailing List Homepage
The copyright (s) on this page must
appear on all
copied and/or printed material.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!