Welcome to Lee County, Arkansas
Lee County Map - 1930 Township divisions
Lee County was formed in 1873 from the following counties:
Phillips, Crittenden, Monroe, and St. Frances Counties.
Townships annexed from Phillips County were Bear Creek, Hardy, Independence, Oak Forest, Spring Creek and Walnut.
Big Creek Township was annexed from Monroe and Phillips Counties.
Council Township was annexed from Crittenden and Phillips Counties.
Fleenor (Fleener) and Hampton Townships were annexed from Monroe County.
Liberty, Texas, Union and St. Francis Townships were annexed from St. Francis County.
Richland Township was annexed from Phillips and St. Francis Counties.
1878 map by Memphis & Little Rock Railroad Company - available from the Library of Congress
1936 Highway map - available from Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department