Queries & Surname
SURNAMES: A B
C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- FRASER posted by Kay Fraser St. John on Wednesday,
December 3, 1997
- I am looking for descendants of Dick or John FRASER,
brothers to David FRASER who died approx. 1897 in White
Co. My mother said Dick and/or John's families lived in
Camden in Ouachita County.
- ASHLEY, ELLIOTT, FARRIS, FARRISS, FRAZIER, GASKIN, MCHENRY, PORCHIA, RHODES, STRONG, WILSON posted by Ruby Cain on Wednesday, December
- Looking for information on the following listed in
1870, in Calhoun county: Peter STRONG, Pink ASHLEY, Dr.
Anderson P. FARRISS or a. P. FARRISS (later moving to
Ouachita County), Joe orJoel FARRIS (later moving to
Ouachita County). Looking for information for the
following listed in Ouachita County in 1870 census: Grant
ELLIOTT, Richard ELLIOTT, Osbourn or Osman ELLIOTT, Lewis
ELLIOTT, Richard FRAZIER, Warner GASKIN, Ben RHODES, Jim
or James WILSON. Looking for information on Marshall
MCHENRY and Albert PORCHIA of Ouachita county.
- VESTAL posted by Charlotte Cottongame on Thursday,
December 11, 1997
- Henry Jack VESTAL b. 29 June 1851 in Taylor Township,
Ouachita Co. The VESTAL family are in Ouachita Co. until
the 1870 census. I am seeking information on VESTAL
anywhere, anytime in Ouachita Co. Please e-mail me at
- CROWELL, FULLER, GRYDER, PHILLIPS, RUNDELS, TULLOS, WALTERS, WILLIAMS posted by Paula Sherman on Tuesday,
December 16, 1997
- These ancestors were from Ouachita Co., Arkansas.
Please e- mail me if you are familiar with the family.
Descendants of William Lawrence WILLIAMS 1 William
Lawrence WILLIAMS - 1881 b: in Ouachita County, Ark. ..
+Julia RUNDELS - 1919 b: in Miss. ........ 2 John
WILLIAMS ........ 2 David WILLIAMS ........ 2 Anna
WILLIAMS ........ 2 Ella WILLIAMS ........ 2 Allie
WILLIAMS ........ 2 William Lunsford WILLIAMS 1869 - Abt
1947 b: March 04, 1869 in Beria Twp., Ashley Cty. Ark.
............ +Winnie CROWELL ........ *2nd Wife of
William Lunsford WILLIAMS: ............ +Mattie TULLOS
........ *3rd Wife of William Lunsford WILLIAMS:
............ +Elizabeth Azeline FULLER 1870 - 1908 b:
November 19, 1870 in Turnbull, Monroe, Ala. m: Abt 1888
................... 3 Sheldon WILLIAMS
................... 3 Alma WILLIAMS ................... 3
Alvin WILLIAMS ................... 3 Hemen Prewitt
WILLIAMS ................... 3 William Jefferson WILLIAMS
................... 3 Sally Ann WILLIAMS
................... 3 Allie Ketura WILLIAMS
................... 3 Julia Belle WILLIAMS 1889 - 1971 b:
December 28, 1889 in Fountain Hill, Ark.
....................... +Jesse Lee GRYDER - 1926
................... 3 Ina Gertrude WILLIAMS 1893 - b:
1893 in Yazoo cty, Miss. ................... 3 Viola
WILLIAMS 1897 - 1977 b: January 04, 1897 in Hamberg, Ark.
....................... +Joseph Ervin PHILLIPS 1894 -
1987 b: July 04, 1894 in Waldo, Ark. m: 1916 in Eros, La.
........ *4th Wife of William Lunsford WILLIAMS:
............ +Jesse WALTERS - 1920 b: in Scott Cty, Miss.
m: May 17, 1909 ................... 3 Anna Mae WILLIAMS
................... 3 Elsie Levie WILLIAMS
................... 3 Helen Lorne WILLIAMS - 1919
- BUFORD, RUCKER posted by Lynn Vitasek on Sunday, December
- Lou T. BUFORD, born Camden, Ouachita County, AR
January 27, 1861. Family moved to OK Indian Territory
before the 1870 Census. Family information is that she
was Cherokee Indian. Married in 1874, Indian Territory,
William RUCKER, Choctaw (born LA). Both died in TX.
- CARR, KARR,
STOKES posted by Wanda Kay Ellerbee on Friday,
December 26, 1997
- Looking for information on KARR (CARR) surname of
Ouachita County, AR. John Henry KARR married Nancy STOKES
in 1845 (place unknow). Son, William Edward was born in
1855 in Ouachita County.
- BRACKEN, PHILLIPS posted by Barbara L. Kirkland on Sunday,
December 28, 1997
- PHILLIPS, Moses Clinton, born 13 Aug 1811 in GA and
his family are living in Ouachita Co, Ark on the 1850
census. He married Elizabeth BRACKEN 26 Jan 1839 in
Tuscaloosa Co, Al. His mother-in-law Elizabeth BRACKEN is
living with them. Children include: Emily, Samanthia,
Mary, Orrie, Lizzie, Nannie, Dolly an John D. The family
moved to Hempstead, Ark. by 1860; to Milam Co, Tx by 1870
then to Brown Co, Tx and he died 24 Nov 1907 in Stephens
Co, Tx. Orrie PHILLIPS was my great-grandmother.
- NANCE, RAY posted by Pat Ray Scheele on Tuesday,
December 30, 1997
- Oauchita County, Arkansas I'm looking for the cemetery
that my great grandmother Mary "Maggie" NANCE
RAY is buried. She died July 31, 1919 in Little Rock at
the hospital but the death certificate does not list her
cemetery. Her husband was James Buchanan RAY who moved on
to Texas to live with other family members. Other Ray and
Nances lived in Camden. All suggestions appreciated.
- GANNAWAY, POOL posted by Maurine Mattson on Thursday,
January 1, 1998
- I am looking for parents of James Andrew POOL and William
POOL. On the 1st day of March, 1893, James Andrew (aka
J.A.) POOL married Christie Elizabeth (also shown on
several deed records and "Bond for Marriage License,
License, certificate" as C.E.) GANNAWAY. J.A. POOL
was 25 and Christie was 16. Both were from Louann,
Ouachita County. J.A. had brother named William, but I do
not know who their parents were. J.A. and Christie POOL
are buried at Crossroads Cemetery. Christie's father, T.
J. Gannaway, and his mother Elizabeth, are buried at Mt.
- KELLEY, KELLY, OWEN,
WOODALL posted by Dan Sniffin on Saturday, January
- Would appreciate hearing from any descendant of Patrick
James KELLY, who lived in the Camden, Ouachita Co, area
from Abt. 1850 to Abt. 1870 before moving to Hunt Co, TX.
Related names: WOODALL, OWEN
- BURROUGHS, BURROW, CHAMBLISS, CHRISTIAN, CLAWSON, COX, DESHOTEL,
LABEFF, MCKNIGHT, PETERSON, PEVETO, PEVITO, PIBOTO, PUTERBAUGH, RAMSEY, SNEARLEY posted by Ray Thompson on Thursday, January
- Palsey LABEFF, b. 1835 Ouachita Co., Ark m. abt 1853
Ouachita Co., Ark to Marie PIBOTO (PEVETO). She died in
childbirth within a year. Married second 1875 in Union
Co. to Margaret PETERSON (widow of Gabriel DESHOTEL) b.
1856, La. Enlisted May 1862 18th Ark Inf Reg., detailed
to operate the Bradley ferry near Camden. Died 1922
buried Salem Cemetery, Union Co., Ark. Children: William
M. b. 1854 m. Virginia PETERSON (sister of his
step-mother) Paulsey Wright b. 1875 m. Martha CLAWSON
Daniel b. 1878 m. ? Annie Virginia b. 1881 m. James M.
CLAWSON Need Piboto's parents. William M. LABEFF b. 1854
Dallas Co., Ark m. (1) Virginia PETERSON b. 1860 La. They
were in Claiborn Parish, La. 1870-1880 then moved Union
Co., Ark. Children all b. Ark: Lenora b. 1886 m. Joseph
F. BURROUGHS Lillie M. b. 1891 m. John Henry MCKNIGHT
Ella Florence b. 1894 m. Elmer CHRISTIAN William LABEFF
m. 1904 (2) Minnie Artie MCKNIGHT b. 1887 Children: John
William b. 1905 Union Parish m. Winnie RAMSEY Emmie Mae
b. 1906 Union Co., Ark m. Homer F. SNEARLEY Daisy b. 1910
Union Co., Ark d. 1913 Curtis E. b. 1912 Ark m. Annie
Inex CHAMBLISS Lloyd Willard b. 1916 Union Co., Ark m.
Sallie Elizabeth PUTERBAUGH Elsie Lorena b. 1920 Ark m.
Jessie Lee COX, Jr. William LABEFF buried Cannan Cemetery
Spearsville, Union Parish.
- JOHNSTON, PARR posted by Helen Young on Friday, January 9,
- I am seeking information on William PARR, d. 1877,
Ouachita Co., who was married to Dolly JOHNSTON; and on
John PARR, d. 1852, Ouachita Co., who was married to
- CUBBAGE posted by Elizabeth Cearley-Moore on
Wednesday, January 14, 1998
- I am searching for any information on the CUBBAGE family
that lived in Oauchita Co. in the mid 1800's. John wife
Elizabeth and children William, John, George and
Margaret. Thanks Elizabeth Cearley-Moore
- ROSS posted by M. E. Swanson on Thursday,
January 15, 1998
- Oscar I. ROSS, born in Camden (Ouachita Co.) in 1800s;
served Spanish-Am War.
- BAILEY, GREEN, REAVES, SMART posted by Sherry Barby on Saturday, January
- Hi, I am looking connection of a part of the REAVES
family. Sarah J REAVES born March10,1849 in Ouachita Co,
Ark. Her husband was William W. BAILEY. Her father's name
was John A REAVES, her mother's name was Nancy A SMART. I
do not know where or when these folks were born. John
REAVES father was Henry REAVES, his mother was Virginia
?. Nancy'S father was David SMART, her mother was Susan ?
Henry's father married a lady by the name of Judy GREEN.
I do not know what his father's name was. Can anyone help
me with these names and dates, places. I hope to find
someone in connection with this family. Thank you Sherry
- HESTERLY, MCKELVY posted by Harold L. Hesterly on Sunday,
January 18, 1998
- I am interested in any info you might have re: HESTERLY.
I believe the family was present in the Ouachita County
area as early as 1851. It is possible they were related
to the MCKELVY family.
- HATHORNE, HAWTHORNE posted by Jacqueline Hawthorne Humphrey on
Tuesday, January 20, 1998
- Ouachita County -- William HAWTHORNE (HATHORNE) Born:
- CRAIN, CRANE, HODGES posted by Charlotte Smith on Saturday,
January 24, 1998
- Looking for information on James A. CRAIN and family.
Wife, Clarcy, children: Mariah Elizabeth, Lemuel Lewis,
John Sumers, James Walker, and Henry A.(Henry born abt.
1866). They lived in Ouachita Co.in 1873 forward. I have
letters dating 1873,1878, and 1886 from James. A. CRAIN.
He is writing to my gggrandmother Zibrah CRANE HODGES in
Yell Co. in AR. I need any and all information on these
CRAIN'S. Thank you,
For questions about this page contact Carol Smith at
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by
application written by Patty Lindsay.