Queries & Surname
SURNAMES: A B
C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- PEARCE posted by Lee V.W.Pierce on Thursday, April
- I am trying to locate the PEARCE families that lived in
Ouachita Co. Ar. in 1850. Lorenzo Dow PEARCE and Alfred
Dick PEARCE and their families. I am trying to locate
their parents and siblings. Any information anyone could
send me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
- COX, MAGEE,
THACKER posted by Joyce Willhoit on Wednesday,
April 8, 1998
- I am searching for information on COX families in
Ouachita Co. G. C. "Crof" COX b 3 July 1882 d 9
Feb 1938 m. Martha Francis MEGEE b 30 Aug 1886 d 15 Dec
1948 on 18 Sept 1904 Baxter Co, AR. Both are buried at
Quality Ridge Cemetery. Four Sons: Norman COX (date of
birth unknown) m. Harpsy THACKER b 10 Aug 1916 in Feb
1933. Harp COX (date of birth unknown) m. Ora THACKER b
18 July 1919 on 23 April 1938. Ervin COX (no information)
Paul COX (no information). Four daughters: Sadie COX b
(date unknown, m. ? DOVER. Marjorie COX b (date unknown)
m. ? THACKER. Mattie COX b (date unknown) m. ? JONES.
Minnie COX b (date unknown) m. ? RUSSELL. Orpha COX b 7
Sept 1906, d 2 Aug 1915, parents unknown. Marion COX b 21
June 1916 d 23 Mar 1935, parents unknown. Cleo L. COX b
26 Sept 1935 d 2 Oct 1952, parents unknown. Orpha,
Marion, and Cleo buried at Quality Ridge Cemetery.
Benjamin ("Ben") THACKER m. Argie COX b (date
unknown) dau of (parents name unknown) on June 1932. A
daughter, Brenda Marie THACKER b 1949. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.
- MIZZELL posted by Carlton Measels on Friday, April
- Does any one have any information as to how MIZZELL CREEK
there in Ouachita County got its name. MIZZEL is one of
many ways that my name is spelt.
- BELL posted by JoAnn Cantrell on Sunday, April
- Need info. on the Archibald BELL family listed on the
1850 census for Ouachita County AR. What happened to this
family? Where were they in 1860? Thanks for any help.
- JOYCE posted by Dennis Joyce on Friday, April 17,
- JOYCE, Martin, wife Mary, parents of Jerimiah Monk JOYCE.
Resided Ouachita County, Washington Township in 1850.
Need any information available regarding Martin's or
Mary's parents. Martin believed born in South Carolina
- KING, RODGERS, ROGERS posted by William R. King, Jr. on Saturday,
April 18, 1998
- Ouachita County -- Searching for information on the
family of: James M. KING (b.abt 1850)and wife, Margaret
Elizabeth ROGERS/RODGERS (b.abt 1857) Ten children, all
born in AR, most moved to Grant Parish, LA in early
1900's. Children were: Thomas L, Wm Clayborn, Arthur
Edward, Lillian V., Garland, Jesse Melton, Albert
Cleveland, Bessie, George Leonard, Robert. This family
found living in Calhoun Co on 1870&1880 census. Last
found living in Ouachita Co, Washington Township on 1900
census. Can find no records of James or Elizabeth beyond
1900 Ouachita census. James M. KING was the third son of
John T. KING (1816-SC) & Martha Caroline WITHERINGTON
(1826-AL). This family lived and farmed in Calhoun Co,
Fayette Township, down below the old community of
Artesian. Margaret E. ROGERS/RODGERS parents not proven,
but thought to be William & Mary ROGERS/RODGERS who
lived in Champagnolle, Calhoun Co on 1870 census. I would
be particularly interested to exchange info with anyone
having knowledge of this ROGERS family.
- EVANS, GREEN posted by John L. Evans on Thursday, April
- James Lambuth "Dick" EVANS was a preacher in
the 1930's in Ouachita County and Union County. Since
then I haven't found any information on him. He located
at Smackover in 1937 or so. He was Methodist. He was
married and his wife's name may have been Dora GREEN.
They had at least one son. The family lost touch with him
in the 1960's. I'm looking for descendants and data!
- BRUMLEY, EATHERGE, HALL, HILL,
HUTCHESON, NOWLIN, WISINGER posted by Tammy M. Brumley on Monday, April
- Ouachita - Hampton, looking for ancestor history of Hugh
A. BRUMLEY parents: William J. b.11-18-1859 d. 7-20-1915
m:to Lydia C. WISINGER b. 11-4-1869 d. 1-1-1956 both
buried at Sartis. Her father Bill(?), mother: Maggie
HILL, brother:Bill (his sons Dave, Will, Guy, Clerance).
Maggie remarried a Mr. EATHERGE. His children:Quincy,
Eula, Sally (?) HUTCHESON (Zachary Taylor) -his parents
William Jasper b.1835 in TN & Elizabeth b. 1836 in
TN,m. 12-12-1857 Calhoun County, Z.T.'s siblings are
Sarah, William Jasper & Calvin A.) Nowlin
(Martin)-(his parents Thomas & Nancy), Hall
(Harriett)- (Her parents John S.& Elizabeth)
- HARDY, HARRIS, HIGHTOWER, HOLLINGSWORTH, PHILLIPS, PORTERFIELD, SANDERS, SAUNDERS, WILSON posted by Stephen Krefman on Friday, May 1,
- Researching the ancestors and cousins of the late Billie
Lee SANDERS HARRIS and Carrol Wilson ("Sleepy")
HARRIS of Camden Arkansas. I have significant information
about the HARRIS, HARRIS, HARDY, HOLLINGSWORTH, and
HIGHTOWER lines. I have very little about the WILSONS
(Hannah and Elizabeth WILSON and Captain Goodrich WILSON)
or about the PHILLIPS line (Addie Fortune PHILLIPS
HOLLINGSWORTH,1868-1929 burried at Moss Cemetary or the
PORTERFIELD line (Texa Bama PORTERFIELD Harris and Joseph
Alexander PORTERFIELD). Please contact me if you are
researching any of these same lines.
- SNELSON, SNIDER posted by Sylvia Patterson McAllister on
Sunday, May 3, 1998
- I am looking for information on a Sarah Elizabeth SNELSON
who was born in Stephens, Ouachita Co. AR. She was born
June 30, 1855. She married Jacob SNIDER in 1875 in
Stephens. They had 7 children all born in Buckner
beginning in 1877. If you know of this family, please
contact me. Thank you very much. Sylvia McAllister
- OWENS, WEBBER posted by Don Webber on Tuesday, May 5,
- Ouachita County, Washington Twp -- We are seeking any
information on the mystery man of my family, my paternal
Grandfather, Calvin Frank WEBBER, born 21 March, 1844 in
Washington, Arkansas. We don't know which of the
Washingtons in Arkansas that is; the County of that name,
one of the two Towns or of the thirteen Townships in the
state. At any rate I do know from the family bible that
his mother's given name was Nancy and that on the 16th of
August, 1876 he married Matilda Frances (Fannie) OWENS in
Mena, Polk County, Arkansas. She was born 9 Feb, 1859 in
Mena delivered most of the nine children she bore to
Frank in Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas, died 9
Apr, 1912 back in Mena and was buried in the same Owens
Chapel Cemetery outside Mena, where Frank was buried
after his death 16 Aug, 1900. We know a good deal about
most of their descendants, but nothing more of Grand-dad.
If you could enlighten us on any point concerning this
mystery man, the entire WEBBER family will be eternally
grateful, and I thank you. Don Webber - 20081 Tellurium
Dr., Pine Grove, Ca 95665 e-mail email@example.com
- MCCULLAR, WEEMS posted by Steven Weems on Thursday, May 7,
- MCCULLAR, Jessie born in Okalona, 12/28/1906 to Neal and
Janie MCCULLAR of Prescott lived in Camden, Ouachita Co,
AR sometime between 1907 and 1927. There was an unknown
sister there also. Jessie later married Frederick Wroten
WEEMS of Pike Co, MS. Looking for info on her family.
- COKER, JOHNSON, MENASCO, THRASH posted by Kay Coker Ohana on Friday, May 8,
- I am searching for the birth parents and siblings of
Raymond JOHNSON, b. 01 March 1913 in Ouachita Co AR. By
October 1913 Raymond had been placed in the home of G.P.
and Katie THRASH COKER of Glenwood Pike Co AR and was
raised by them as a foster son. He was known by the name
Hugh Phillip COKER. He graduated from Glenwood HS and
went to AR Tech College for two years. Raymond m. in 1934
Anna Sue MENASCO from Clark Co AR. Raymond JOHNSON had at
least one sister. Any information greatly appreciated.
- PALMER, RYAN posted by Ann Sims on Friday, May 8, 1998
- Seeking information regarding my grandfather John Joseph
RYAN b. 24 Aug. 1874 Va. d. Jan 06, 1926 in Bearden
(Ouachita) AR. He married Cloey Anne PALMER REED b. Nov
12, 1876 in Carlington, Oh. d. Jan 06, 1937 in Bearden
(Ouachita) Ark. His father was Patrick RYAN b. in Ireland
m. last name MALLOY Children of John Joseph and Cloey Ann
are: John P. b. July 20, 1908 m. Olive WATSON; Maggie J.
b. May 17, 1909 d. May 17, 1969 Joseph N. b. Dec. 21,
1910 d. April 11, 1979 m. Hazel PATE; William Leonard (my
father) b. Aug. 23, 1913 d. June 08, 1981; Ernest
"Popeye" S. b. Aug. 13, 1916 d. Oct 22, 1978;
Arthur Nolan b. Aug. 14, 1918 d. July 26, 1990 m. Hazel
WHITLOCK Any information regarding this family would be
- CARLETON posted by Lynda McCarn Breeding on
Saturday, May 9, 1998
- My gggrandmother, Mary Elizabeth CARLETON was b in
Ouachita Co 16 July 1855. Her parents were William and
Margaret TUCKER CARLETON. Their children were: Amelia
Lucinda, b. 5 Nov. 1848 in Union Co., Ark.; (the
following were born in Ouachita Co., AR.) Alburtus
Lycurgus, b. 10 Nov. 1850; Alice Louise, b. 11 March
1853; Mary Elizabeth (above); Martha Palestine, b. 28
Nov. 1857; Frances Clementine, b 18 Feb. 1860. They had
four more children after moving to TX., Lazarus Wright;
William Lewis; James Porter and Robert Edward Lee
CARLETON. I have two letters written by two of the
daughters who were born in Ark. they contain a little
infor about their trip to TX.
- CUBBAGE posted by Geneva R. Cole on Sunday, May 10,
- John (b. 1795 VA) and Elizabeth (b. 1800 NC) CUBBAGE and
children William R. (b. 1825 NC); George (b. 1834 IN);
John (b.1836 IN); Margaret Jane (b. 1839 IN) moved to
Ouachita Co., AR in 1840. Eldest son William R. enlisted
Feb 8, 1863 at Camden, AR to Co.D., 33rd Arkansas
Infantry. He served as a hospital nurse at Monroe, LA.
After war he became a Physician and moved family to Mt.
Ida, Montgomery Co., AR. Son George died 1862 in Civil
War, after enlisting in Camden, AR, also. Any info on
this family is appreciated.
- COOK, HOLLINGSWORTH, SATTERWHITE posted by Lula Cook-Edwards on Friday, May
- Looking for living desc. of Laban M. COOK, ordained PB
minister, and Lydia Ann SATTERWHITE on 1870 Ouichita Co.
census. Parents were Dempsey SATTERWHITE and Catherine
HOLLINGSWORTH. Want to meet desc. still in AR - book in
progress. Lu at Friends and Families UNLimited.
- COOPER, FORMBY posted by Shannon Birdwell on Monday, May
- I am looking for the death date and burial place of
Andrew Jackson FORMBY (1815-ca.1870) and Martha COOPER
FORMBY (1815-1870) who moved to Ouachita Co. about 1848.
- BUTLER, GRAHAM posted by Barbara J. Martin on Tuesday, May
- William Alonzo BUTLER and Lucy GRAHAM were married in
Ouachita Co. Ark 4-1-1887. Lucy GRAHAM had died by the
1900 Ouachita Co. census! They had had 4 children before
she died. Robert, Effie, LeRoy, and Vida. The only other
thing I "know" about her GRAHAM family is that
they owned a store in Ouachita Co. I suspect that she had
a sister named Ethel.
- CAMPBELL, MEEKS posted by Rendi Meeks on Wednesday, May 20,
- I am looking for any information specifically information
as to the names of the parents of Linzy MEEKS who either
lived in Ouachita or Polk county. I think that he married
Nancy LaRenda "Rendi" CAMPBELL, but I am not
completely sure that her maiden name was CAMPBELL. I
would also like information as to her parents who
probably lived in the same area. I would appreciate any
information that anyone has concerning these two people
and their family. Thank you.
- SPARKS posted by Gina Clingan on Thursday, May 21,
- I am doing research on my gg-grandfather, John SPARKS.
There are some SPARKS listed on the 1850 Ouachita County,
Ar census, but no first names listed. I would appreciate
any help. Thanks in advance.
For questions about this page contact Carol Smith at
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by
application written by Patty Lindsay.