Helen Severs was the daughter of Charles Jackson Severs (1811-1888) and his wife Bessima Ballard (1811-1881) of Cincinnati, Arkansas. She is on the roster of students attending the Fayetteville Female Seminary in 1869. She later taught English at the Fayetteville High School. Helen also served as a recording secretary for the Southern Memorial Association. She eventually married Andrew W. Robb, whose first wife, Martha Requa Robb, passed away in 1898. Andrew Robb served with Union forces during the War Between the States with rank of First Lieutenant with Company F, Third Indian Horse Guards and was mustered out in 1865. He was born in Pennsylvania in 1840 and died in 1909. He was a charter member of the Presbyterian Church in Muskogee and also a charter member of the Masonic Lodge of Muskogee. Both Andrew and Helen are buried in Greenhill Cemetery in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Andrew's first wife, Martha, is buried in Butler, Missouri.
Helen's parents were early settlers in Washington County, Arkansas, where they established their home on a plantation near the line of the Cherokee Nation. Her father was born in Tennessee and his wife in South Carolina, and they were both members of well known Southern families. He was a kind and generous father and gave to his children excellent educational advantages, and his home before the war was famous as a place for good living and hospitality.
Helen's brother, Frederick Ballard Severs, (1835 - 1912) lived in Muskogee, Oklahoma, having become wealthy from business dealings with the Creek Indians. He was made an honorary Creek Indian, being the only white man in an all-Creek Indian Brigade for the Confederacy. After the War Between the States, he returned to the Creek Nation in 1868 and established a store three miles west of Okmulgee. Soon afterward he moved the business into the town and was one of the first to erect a building there. Okmulgee has since honored Captain Severs as foremost among its founders, and he has frequently been called the "father of the city."
Helen's parents are both buried in the Old Union Cemetery in Cincinnati, Arkansas.