Established 1839, no longer in use.
Architect: A.J. Davis, with 1879 alterations by Joseph Dunn
This asylum was part of a complex that included a penitentiary, an alms house, a smallpox hospital, and other institutions. At times, inmates from the penitentiary supervised the patients in the asylum.
More information is available at Timeline - NYC10044. The information above was obtained from that site.