This web site is focuses on historic mental health institutions. However, a few historic facilities of other types, such as this medical hospital, are also included.
In the 1970s, the original Children's Hospital was replaced by a new hospital bearing its name, part of a hospital complex containing other hospitals adjacent to Wayne State University. This hospital is still very active in its newer location.
From the description on this 1910-postmarked postcard:
"The Children's Free Hospital. Corner of St. Antoine and Farnsworth street is a very handsome and imposing structure and was donated by the late Hiram Walker, 14 years ago. It has accomodations for 100 patients and is self-supporting and is controlled by a board of trustees."