This web site is focused on historic mental health institutions. However, a few historic images of facilities, such as this medical hospital, are included.
This hospital in Detroit was design by architect Elijah E. Myers, who also designed Pontiac State Hospital. It was demolished in the early 1970s as most of Detroit's historic hospitals consolidated into a new complex adjacent to the Wayne State University campus. Part of this new hospital complex still does bear the name Harper Hospital.
From the description on this 1919-postmarked postcard shown below:
"Harper Hospital is situated on John R. Street, head of Martin Place, and is one of the oldest and best known hospitals in the city. It has accomodations for 200 patients, and is conducted by a board of trustees and is self-supporting."