House of Providence Hospital

Detroit, Michigan

From the description on this 1916-postmarked postcard shown below:
"House of Providence is located at Fourteenth Avenue and West GrandBoulevard. This handsome structure was erected in 1909-1910 andhas accomodations for 150 patients. In charge of Sisters of Charityof St. Vincent de Paul." Providence Hospital started out as an asylum for the insane.


Visit RootsWeb