Historic Asylums

Redfield State Hospital and School

Redfield, South Dakota

This institution opened in 1902 as the Northern Hospital for the Insane. The name as changed to State School and Home for the Feeble Minded in 1913, and then to Redfield State Hospital and School in 1951, and finally to South Dakota Developmental Center in 1989. Please see this site for more information.

Historic postcard images:


Visit RootsWeb