CQ Family History Association Inc.
|Home Page • About Us • Publications • Articles & Indexes • Research • Contact Us • Links|
Church of ChristThe Churches of Christ began their witness in Rockhampton through a tent mission conducted by Mr. E.C. Henrichsen (Evangelist). Sunday services were also held at the School of Arts. The success of the mission prompted plans for the erection of a chapel and land was purchased at the corner of William and George streets.
The chapel was opened on November 18, 1928, by Mr. Henrichsen. The first resident pastor was Mr Bart Manning. He was followed by Mr S.W. Vanham, who was the conference president of Queensland in the 1950's. He served two five-year terms in Rockhampton.
Ministers who followed were Messrs Campbell, Greenwood, Melilhager, Miller, Tonkin and Paddon.
|CQFHA Inc © 2007||
About Us •
Articles & Indexes •
Graphic Design by Round the Bend Wizards