Societies and Researchers in Today's Austria
Heraldisch-Genealogische Gesellschaft "ADLER"
Universitaetsstrasse 6 / 9b
P.O. Box 220
Tel.: +43-1-409 2578
Fax: +43-1-877 5493
The society was founded in 1870 and maintains an excellent library.
Membership fee: EURO 50,-- per year.
- For assistance and advice you could contact your LDS FHC or one of the FHCs in Austria
- Some persons have used the services of:
Ms. Ingeborg Höferl
Max Jellinekgasse 1/10/13
Commercial Research Companies and Professional Researchers
- IHFF -Institute for Historical Family Research
- Historikerkanzlei Genealogisch-Historische Recherchen GmbH
Georg-Coch-Platz 3/Top 9B
Tel.: +43 1 513 96 46
Fax: +43 1 513 96 46 - 50
Historikerkanzlei was founded in 2004 by four historians in cooperation with a university professor for Contemporary History at the University of Vienna and has been concerned with global genealogic-historic research from the beginning.
The service package includes among others:
- Procurement of (historic) diploma, birth, marriage, and death certificates
- Procurement of citizenship certificates (if desired in cooperation with lawyers also their validation)
- Search for relatives and ancestors
- Drawing up genealogical trees
- Global search for unknown heirs
- Procurement of certificates ascertaining nobility status
- Procurement of documents necessary to claim restitution
- Genealogic Research in Carinthia, Austria by Hans Pawlik jr.
Hans Pawlik jr.
Rosentaler Straße Nr. 4