Corvo is the smallest of the islands at only 6.5 km in length. It has only one village and the few hundred inhabitants are mostly related to each other.
Listed here by Freguesia, which is the village or town, are the names of the Churches and the years for which the LDS Church has microfilmed their records. Those films are available at your local Family History Center or the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Also, Azorean Church records are digitized and available online.
- The easiest way to navigate to where the records are on the Centro De Conhecimento Dos Azores (CCA) site, is via the portal site, Tombo. The link for Tombo is listed below with the appropriate Freguesia.
- Centro De Conhecimento Dos Azores (CCA) site (digital copies of the original records). Be sure to note the Council name of the Freguesia
(village or town) you are interested in before going to the CCA site at http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/ig/. Follow these steps to see the available parish records:
1) click on PESQUISA DE REGISTOS PAROQUIAIS on the main page
2) On that page,
- Under Ilha (island) choose the island you want from the popup menu. The page will refresh...
- From Concelho (council) choose the one you need. If you're not sure which Concelho, check the Map page on the Azores GenWeb for your island. It will show which Council each of the Freguesias are in. The page will refresh...
- From Freguesia (parish/town) choose from the list
- Click the Procurar button.
- From there, just choose the type of records you want to see and the date range (there may be several pages), then click the link Ver.
- The Universidade do Minho site (database only for Faial, Pico, and Sao Jorge, as well as some locations in Portugal).
LDS Microfilmed Record Dates and Links to Online Records
|Entire island of Corvo
||Nossa Senhora dos Milagres