This old settler is a native of Mexico, and was born March 19, 1830. He came to California in May, 1849, and to this county in the June following. He was engaged in mining until the Fall of 1849, then going to San Jose, where he remained during the Winter, returning to Sonora in April, 1850, and opening a restaurant on the ground where he is now located, in a house built of canvas, which has since given way to a frame building. He married Mary Ramires, and the pair have one daughter, Magdalena.
“A History of Tuolumne County, California” B.F. Alley, 1882. Pg. 376.