California Genealogy and History Archives
San Bernardino County and Riverside County
E. A. WEEGAR is a prominent Riverside business man, and has been in Southern California about fifteen years, throughout that time being identified with the hardware business.
His hardware establishment at Riverside was started in the spring of 1914, its first location being on Eighth Street, at the corner of Orange. It was removed to its present site, at 938 Main Street, in 1915. This is a store stocked with every class of merchantable hardware, also house furnishings, fishing tackle and plumbing goods, and the store has 4000 square feet of floor space.
Mr. Weegar was born at North Williamsburg, Ontario, Canada, January 24, 1879. He acquired his early education in the public schools of Norwood, New York, and at the age of seventeen entered the employ of a hardware business there. With the substantial training acquired in the East he came to California in 1908 and entered the hardware business at Long Beach, and subsequently established a store in San Bernardino. Since locating at Riverside he has disposed of his business interests at Long Beach and San Bernardino. Mr. Weegar is affiliated with the Masonic Order and the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.
June 3, 1905, he married Miss Hannah McDonald, of Los Angeles, where she was born and educated. They have two children, Mary and Edwin A., Jr.
Transcribed by Peggy Hooper 2011