Merced County Genealogical
Open To All Who Are
Interested In Genealogy Or History
A Merced County Genealogical Society Membership provides the experience and
support of other members.
Access to Ancestry.com.
in the Doris Cochran Research Room.
newsletter. Which is printed monthly, and contains
helpful genealogy information including;
Tips and Tidbits, Seminars, Training and Events. The Newsletter is exchanged
with other society newsletters and both are available in the Doris Cochran
Research Room, Merced County Library.
MCGS members will have access to the Doris Cochran Research
Room whether it is staffed or un-staffed. If un-staffed, use the following
1. Obtain the key at the Periodical desk; (Located on the
2. Show your current Merced County Genealogy Society Membership card;
3. Understand how to access the MCGS databases;
4. Be responsible for any and all activity in the Doris
Cochran Research Room;
5. Be responsible for the collection (books, micro film/fiche, magazines,
etc.) in the Doris Cochran Research Room;
6. Leave the Doris Cochran Research Room the way you found it;
7. Lock the door;
8. And return the key to the Periodical desk.
meetings are informative and interesting. Meetings are held the third Saturday
of each month at the Merced County Library Gracy Room at 1:00 pm. In addition to
regular meetings, classes, seminars, special interests groups and trips are
offered. The Merced County Library is located at 2100 "O" St., Merced CA.
Annual Joint * Dues:$30.00
Lifetime Individual Dues $200.00
Lifetime Joint * Dues: $300.00
* Joint memberships must
reside at the same address.
Make checks payable to:
Merced County Genealogical Society
PO Box 3061
Merced, CA. 95344
Web site coordinator and
2005-2007 All Rights Reserved
Last Updated: May,
Please report any broken links to the