Letters and Parcels
A stamp's a tiny flimsy thing,
No thicker than a beetle's wing,
And yet 'twill roam the world for you
Exactly where you tell it to.
E. V. Lucas
ILLUSTRATIONS FOR "THE POSTMAN"
The real photographs which are used to, illustrate these books have been
taken expressly to interest the child. In each book the pictures have
(1) to create interest in the worker;
(2) to identify his place of work;
(3) to, identify his equipment;
(4) to, describe his many duties;
(5) to illustrate his usefulness to the community;
(6) to emphasize his contributions to the needs of society.
Co-operation and help with the pictures and technical details were provided by
Postmaster J.B. Sinclair and Public Relations Representative A.M. Davies and
the personnel of the VICTORIA POST OFFICE.