There is a name / photo missing from the index
1. Take note of the information located directly above the index. There should be a notation indicating whether "some headstones" or "every headstone" are included in the index.
"Some headstones" indicates that not every headstone is included in the index and the one missing is among those not included.2. Not all entries have photos. If the area underneath the name is blank, there is no photo. If you see a graphic like this: it means there should be a photo but there's an error preventing it from appearing (if you see this graphic please use the error form below the graphic to report it so we can fix it).
If the notation indicates "every headstone" was photographed:
- Look at the date the photographer visited, if the name in question was added after that date it won't be in the index.
- Not all burials have headstones, if a stone isn't available it may not be included in the index.
- Is the stone hidden? If the cemetery was visited in winter or if the cemetery is in a flood zone it's possible the stone wasn't visible at the time of the visit. The same goes for foliage and bushes - many times grass, bushes & trees grow around a stone obscuring it from view.
- Oversights happen. Most cemeteries are not laid out in easy to follow rows and it's quite easy to get turned around and miss a stone or two.