1. The promotion in Canada of the study of the history of Methodism, its relations with other denomination and its place in the history of Canada.
2. The preparation of papers on Methodism, and more particularly, of Methodism in Canada, and so far as possible, the publication of these.
3. Collection and preservation of historical documents and important artifacts relating to Methodism in Canada and deposit of these in suitable repositories.
4. Promotion, preservation and interpretation of important Methodist historic sites in Canada, in co-operation with Methodist-related religious denominations.
5. Establishment and maintenance of fraternal relations with Methodist historical socities in other countries, and more particularly, with the World Methodist Historical Society
(The Canadian Methodist Historical Society Constitution, revised 1996)