This will was read, recorded and transcribed by JUDY BENSON.
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Will of Peter Nelson of Freshwater
Peter Nelson. deceased.
This is the last will and testament of me Peter Nelson of Freshwater, Master Mariner after the payment of my just debts, funeral expenses and testamentary expenses I give devise and bequeath as follows;
1. To my wife Mary Ann Nelson that house 38 Hayward Avenue including all my interest in land on which said house is built, absolutely.
2. To my son John Nelson I give my house situated at Freshwater also the stables, outhouses, cattle, farming utensils, also land on which said dwellings are situated and bounded as follows; on the West by land of Martin Ryan, North by Kenmart road thence to a lane commencing on same road and running South to the back road thence to point of commencement.
3. I also give to my son John Nelson all of land known as Littles Estate as purchased from Judge Little former owners Martin and Thomas Ryan and situated East of Philips Putts Road and West of land now occupied by Martin Ryan and South of Kenmount Road and North of "Soldiers" Path measuring about twenty acres more or less.
4. I give to my daughter Elizabeth Parrell all that piece of land situated West of Coady's and East of his boundary line South by the river and North by Kenmouth Road together with house and barn on same land for her natural life after which it goes to her eldest surviving son.
5. I also give to my son John Nelson that piece of land situate as follows bounded West of Elizabeth Parrell, South of the river East of Putts road, North of Kenmouth Road about three acres more or less.
6. I also give to my daughter Mary Ellen Corish that piece of land West of Hussey East of lane near house, North by Hussey, South by Kenmouth Road
7. All monies left after the payment of my just debts to be given to my wife by my executor.
8. I also leave it as my wish that no property or land bequeathed to my son or either of my daughters is to be sold
9. I also leave it as my wish that my wife Mary Ann Nelson is to have the use of my house at Freshwater jointly and with equal rights with my son John, during her natural life and to cease at her death.
10. I appoint John Rossitor as executor of this my will, Freshwater
March third 1919. Peter Nelson.
Correct William F. Lloyd
© 2003 Judy Benson and NL GenWeb