Margaret Collins deceased
This is the last will and testament of me, Margaret Collins, of St.
John's, in the Island of Newfoundland, Spinster. I hereby revoke
all former wills by me at any time made, and declare this to be my last
will and testament. I desire that my just debts, funeral and testamentary
expenses, be first paid out of my estate.
1. I give and bequeath to my executor hereinafter named the sum
of $100.00 to be expended of her for masses for the repose of my soul.
2. I give and bequeath to the St. Vincent de Paul Society the
sum of $100.00
3. I give and bequeath to the Mother Superior of the Mercy Convent,
Military Road, for the purposes of the Institution the sum of $100.00
4. I give and bequeath the residue of my estate of whatsoever description
and wheresoever situate to my sister Cecelia Flannery, absolutely. If my
said Sister shall predecease me I devise that her share shall go to my
sister Anne Joseph Collins absolutely. If both my said sisters shall predecease
me I desire that the whole of my said estate shall go to my niece Mary
5. Should both my said sisters and my niece Mary Flannery predecease
me I desire that the residue of my estate shall go to the Roman Catholic
6. I appoint my sister, Cecelia Flannery, sole executor of this
my last will and Testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set
my hand at St. John's in the Island of Newfoundland this seventeenth day
of November A.D. 1917. Margaret Collins. Signed by the said
testatrix as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us,
who, in the presence of the said testatrix and in the presence of each
other, hereunto subscribe our names as Witnesses
Jean G. Miller, J.A.
Correct Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)