Daniel MacDonald deceased
In the name of God, Amen. This is the last Will and Testament
of me Daniel MacDonald, Engineer.
1. It is my will and desire that my Executor hereinafter appointed
shall immediately after my death pay all my just debts, funeral and testamentary
2. I give, devise and bequeath to Rhoda, wife of John Peddle
of St. John's carpenter, all my right, title and interest in and to that
land and dwelling house situated on the East side of Queen Street in the
St. John's aforesaid, and described in the deed of Sale from Sir William
Lloyd. Administrator to me.
3.. To Jessie MacDonald now residing in boston. USA widow of my late
brother John MacDonald I bequeath the sum of One Thousand Dollars [$1,000.]
4. I bequeath to Alice Peddle, daughter of John Peddle the sum
of One Thousand Dollars [$1,000.] and also my watch.
5. I bequeath to Annie Barry, niece of my late wife, now a nurse
in a Hospital in Boston. USA the sum of Five Hundred Dollars [$500].
6. I bequeath to His Grace Archbishop Roche, the sum of Five
Hundred Dollars [$500] to be applied to the fund for the purchase of a
new Organ for St. Patrick's Church, St. John's.
7. I bequeath the sum of Two Hundred Dollars [$200)] to be distributed
equally between His Grace Archbishop Roche. Rev. Dr. Kitchen. Rev. Father
Pippy and Father P. Sheehan, for the celebration of Masses for the repose
of the soul of my late wife. Winnifred and my soul.
8. I give, devise and bequeath to John Peddle my bed and bedding
and all my personal effects.
9. I hereby appont F.J. Morris K.C. Executor of this my last
will and testament hereby revoking all other and former wills that may
have been made by me.
In Witness Whereof I have hereunto my hand and seal subscribed and
set at St. John's this 7th day of January A.D. 1921. Daniel
his X mark MacDonald
Signed by the said Testator as and for his last will and testament
in the presence of us, both being present at the same time, who at his
request and in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto
signed our names as witnesses: the said will having first been
read over and explained to said Testator, who approved of same.
John Peddle. F.J. Morris
Correct William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
to Francis J. Morris
at $ 7.500 (?)