This will was read, recorded and transcribed by JUDY BENSON
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Will of Levi Diamond of St. John's
Levi Diamond deceased
I Levi Diamond of St. John's, Merchant, hereby revoke all testamentary dispositions heretofore made by me and declare this to be my last Will.
1. I give, devise and bequeath unto my wife Selina Diamond during her life my land with dwelling house thereon [known as house no. 201 Gower St.] together with all my household furniture and chattels of every description situated therein, when on the death of my wife I devise and bequeath my said land with dwelling house thereon together with all household furniture and chattels of every description therein to my daughter Jessie J. Diamond, absolutely.
2. I give, devise and bequeath unto my wife Selina Diamond, during her life my building on Water Street with the leasehold interest [known as the building in which I know carry on business] when on the death of my wife, I give, devise and bequeath said building with leasehold interest therein to my sons Levi A.Diamond and Arthur G.Diamond, absolutely, share and share alike.
3. I give, devise and bequeath unto my son Levi A.Diamond my business on Water Street, together with all stock, stock-in-trade, utensils, book debts and property of every description associated with said business, absolutely, save and except the debts of Arthur G.diamond, M.A.Diamond, and Diamond & Company.
4. I give, devise and bequeath unto my son Arthur G. Diamond all interst, claims and demands that I hold by mortgage or otherwise against his house on Queen's Road [known as house No. 86] absolutely.
5. I give, devise and bequeath unto my wife Selina Diamond during her life my shares in the Consolidated Foundry, when at her death, I give, devise and bequeath said shares to my sons Levi A. Diamond and Arthur G. Diamond. absolutely, share and share alike.
6. I give, devise and bequeath unto my wife Selina all my Life Insurance with the Sun Life Insurance Company, absolutely.
7. I give, devise and bequeath unto my daughter Jessie J. Diamond all my insurance with the Masonic Club Mutual Insurance Association, absolutely.
8. I give, devise and bequeath all my Insurance with the British Society to my executors in trust to be used for the burial expenses of Mrs. Robbins.
9. I give, devise and bequeath all the residue of my real and personal estate and affects unto my three children, namely Levi A. Diamond, Arthur G. Diamond and Jessie Diamond, absolutely, share and share alike.
10. I appoint my sons Levi A.Diamond and Arthur G. Diamond executors of this my will.
11. It is my desire and wish that my son Levi A. Diamond shall continue to occupy my building on Water Street in the carrying on of his business and shall pay my wife Selina Diamond the sum of Eight Hundred Dollars per annum as rental, less ground rent and Insurance, during the life of my said wife Selina.
12. It is my desire and wish that my executors first pay my funeral and testamentary expenses out of the-residue-of-my-estate business on Water Street.
In Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand at St.John's this Twenty-sixth day of March A.D.1915 Levi Diamond.
Signed by the said Levi Diamond as his last will. in the presence of us, who in his presence, at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. first having inserted the words
"Mutual Insurance Association in paragraph 7 & "business" on Water Street" in line 3 of paragraph 12.
S.J.Foote. William T.Reay.
Correct William F. Lloyd
© 2003 Judy Benson and NL GenWeb