Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume page 156 probate year 1925
Will of Alice Kearney |
IN RE: ALICE KEARNEY. DECEASED I appoint my said husband and my brother Patrick Wallace executors and trustees (hereinafter called my trustees) of this my will.
This is the last will of me Alice Kearney wife of Richard Kearney of St. John's Newfoundland and I revoke all former wills by me made.
1. I give to Reverend D. O'Callahan the sum of twenty five (25xx) dollars for masses for the repose of my soul.
2. I give to my son William Kearney three hundred dollars ($300xx)
3. I give to my son's present wife Bride three hundred dollars ($300xx)
4. I give to my trustees (a) for my grandson Joseph Kearney three hundred dollars ($300xx) (b) for my granddaughter Theresa Broderick three hundred dollars ($300xx) ( c) for my granddaughter Mercedes Broderick three hundred dollars (d) for my grandson Wallace Broderick two hundred dollars ($200xx) and (e) the residue of my estate (if any) for my said granddaughter Mercedes Broderick.
5. I desire my trustees and the survivor of them to have absolute discretion as to how and when the said moneys shall be paid over to said minors and moneys paid over for the maintenance advancement or education of any or all the said
moneys minors shall be a good and valid receipt as and for payment to said minors.
In witness whereof I have set my hand to this my will at St. John's aforesaid this 5th day of May 1925, the words "to have" and "minors" being first interlined above. ALICE KEARNEY. Signed by the testatrix Alice Kearney as and for her last will in our presence who in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. Jas. J. McGrath. Edwd J. Berrigan.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 29/25
Horwood C J.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb