Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 451-452 probate year 1926
Will of Anastatia Rolls |
IN RE: ANASTATIA ROLLS. DECEASED
In witness whereof I have set my hand to this my will this 18th day of June A.D. 1917. ANASTATIA ROLLS. Signed by the testatrix Anastatia Rolls as and for her last will in the presence of us who in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses Jas. J. McGrath.
This is the last Will of me Anastatia Rolls of St. John's Newfoundland married woman and I revoke all former wills by me made
(I) I appoint my son Thomas J Rolls (hereinafter called "my trustee") executor and trustee of this my will
(2) I give devise and bequeath all I die possessed of to my trustee in trust to pay thereout a monthly allowance of thirty dollars ($30xx) to my daughter Annie during her lifetime or apply the said sum of thirty dollars per month for her maintenance and support - the first allowance of thirty dollars to be paid or applied as aforesaid on the first day of the month immediately following the month in which I shall die and the future monthly allowance on the first day of every month thereafter
(3) My trustee is to have absolute discretion in the realization and management of my estate and shall not be personally responsible for any loss or depreciation my estate may suffer unless caused by his gross carelessness or wilful default
(4) If during the life time of my daughter Annie the income from my estate after paying all necessary outgoings be more than the three hundred and sixty dollars per annum required for my said daughter the residue of the income is to be my son's, Thomas J Rolls, absolutely
(5) If during the lifetime of my daughter Annie the income from my estate be not sufficient to meet the said monthly allowance the principal or Corpus of my estate shall be used to make up any deficiency
(6) On the death of my daughter Annie the principal or Corpus of my estate then remaining shall be my son's, Thomas J Rolls, absolutely
(7) In case my son Thomas J Rolls shall predecease my daughter Annie he shall by will or other writing appoint a trustee to carry out the trusts of this my will and also provide for the disposition of the surplus income (if any) and for the disposition of the Corpus or principal of my estate remaining at the death of my daughter Annie
(8) Should my son Thomas J Rolls fail to appoint a trustee as aforesaid or executor of his will who may act as said trustee, then the person appointed administrator de bonis non cum testamento annexo of my estate shall act as trustee
(9) It is to be understood that if my said son Thomas J Rolls predecease my daughter Annie whatever part of my estate that would come to him if he had outlived her shall vest in him so that it shall be part of his estate at his death and if he make no disposition thereof as aforesaid it shall go to his next of kin in equal shares.
T. S. McGrath
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Oct 14/22
to Thomas J.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb