Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 219 probate year 1922
Will of Bridget Jackman|
In re: BRIDGET JACKMAN DECEASED.
This is the last Will of me Bridget Jackman of St. John’s Newfoundland Widow and I revoke all former wills by me made I appoint Right Reverend J. J. McDermott and John P. Kelly, nephew of my late husband, executors of this my will.
1. The dwelling and land situate on Brine Street St. John’s now occupied by my son Thomas I give to him for his life and after his death to his son (my grandson) William absolutely.
2. The dwelling and land (exclusive of half the garden hereinafter referred to) now occupied by Mary Jackman (widow of my deceased son James) and her family I give to my grandson William son of the said James and Mary Jackman for ever but subject to the right of his mother to use and occupy as she does now while she remains a widow.
3. The half of the garden (that adjoining Woodford’s) in the rear of said dwelling now occupied by Mary Jackman and family I give to my daughter Mrs. James Maher.
4. My late husband’s watch and chain I give to my said daughter Mrs. Maher.
5. All debts on or in connection with the houses or lands at Brien Street or which may be due thereon at any time shall be borne by the respective properties and the bequests of same are subject to the payment of such debts if any.
6. The residue of my estate I give to my said daughter Mrs. Maher.
7. Estate duties, testamentary expenses funeral expenses and other expenses that may have to be incurred by my executors shall be borne in equal shares by my son Thomas by my daughter in law Mary Jackman and my daughter Mrs. Maher but if any one or more of these shall fail to contribute his or her share of such expenses then his or her share shall be borne by the bequest aforesaid that he or she has an interest in and my executors may convert into money the specific bequests aforesaid so burdened and after paying the expenses aforesaid pay over the balance to the respective legatees if of full age and if not to hold in trust until of full age.
In witness whereof I have set my hand to this my will this 8th day of September 1916.
Signed by the above named testatrix Bridget Jackman as and for her last will in our presence who in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
JAS. J. MCGRATH. T. S. MCGRATH.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 9/22
to John P. Kelly
and Rt. Rev. J. J.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb