Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 283-284 probate year 1911
Will of Bridget McGrath |
IN RE: BRIDGET MCGRATH. DECEASED
In the name of God Amen I Bridget McGrath of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland widow do make and declare the following as and for my last will and Testament. I will and direct that my just debts and testamentary expenses shall be paid by my executor hereinafter named
All the rest residue and remainder of my money I bequeath to my niece Margaret wife of late Michael J Dooley. I hereby revoke and declare null and void all former and other wills by me made and nominate and appoint James D Ryan of Saint John's Merchant Executor of this my last will and Testament
- I will and bequeath to sister Mary Genevieve Farrell of Convent of Mercy Military Road Saint John's Three hundred Dollars.
- To the Rev L. K. Vereker P.P. Ferryland one hundred dollars for Masses for the repose of my soul.
- To the Rev D. J. O'Connor North Ormesby Middlebow Yorkshire England Two hundred Dollars for Masses for the repose of my soul.
- To the Rev. E. J. Ryan Kilcommon Thurles Co Tipperary Ireland one hundred Dollars for Masses for the repose of my soul.
- To my sister Catherine Fowler White Park Co. Kilkenny Ireland Two thousand Five hundred Dollars.
- To my nieces Bridget and Catherine daughters of my sister Catherine Fowler Four hundred Dollars each
- To my niece Margaret wife of late Michael J Dooley Saint John's Five Thousand Dollars in Newfoundland Government Debenture Bonds.
- To Richard Claney St. John's Two hundred - fifty Dollars.
Dated at Saint John's Newfoundland this Twenty first day of February A.D. 1910 Bridget McGrath witnesses Thomas Bates Thomas Morris
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Jas D Ryan
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb