Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 8 pages 258-259 probate year 1907
|Will of Catherine Gaul|
In re: CATHERINE GAUL. DECEASED
1. I give, devise and bequeath my horse, carriage, sleigh, harness, gear and all stable furniture to my grandson Edward O’Neill.
2. It is my will and desire that all the cattle of which I shall die possessed shall be sold by my executor, and the proceeds of the sale divided equally between my daughter, Mrs. Ellen Flynn, and my grandson Edward O’Neill.
3. I give, devise and bequeath the contents of my own bedroom to my grand-daughter Mary Frances O’Neill.
4. All the other property of which I shall die possessed, consisting of land and dwelling house, stable and barn, situate on the Topsail Road, and all erections which I may hereafter place upon the said land, and all moneys of which I shall die possessed. I give, devise and bequeath to my daughter Ellen Flynn, free from the control of any husband of hers, but subject to this condition, that in the event of her dying without issue I give, devise and bequeath the whole of my said property and moneys to be divided equally between my grand-sons Edward and Richard O’Neill, to be paid to them upon the death of my said daughter, And it is my will and desire that my said daughter shall not in any way sell, dispose of, mortgage, or in any way pledge the said house, or any of the said property
5. I appoint E. P. Morris executor of this my last will and testament. In Testimony whereof I have hereunto subscribed my hand by affixing my mark at St. John’s, the day and year first above written. Catherine her X mark Gaul Signed by the said testatrix as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us, who in her presence, at her request and in the presence of each other, have hereunto our names subscribed as witnesses. (the same having been first read over and explained to the said testatrix, and seemingly fully understood by her) R. A. Squires M MulcahyCertified correct, D. M. Browning Registrar
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat April 24 07 Johnson J Probate April. 25. 07 granted to Sir E. P. Morris Estate sworn at $500.00
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb