Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 458-459 probate year 1912
Will of Christopher Olsen |
IN RE: CHRISTOPHER OLSEN. DECEASED
This is the last will and testament of me Christopher Olsen of St. John's, Newfoundland, Master Mariner
(1) I revoke all former wills and testamentary dispositions by me at any time heretofore made.
(2) I appoint John Barrett of St. John's, mechanic and Arthur C. Peters of Saint John's Accountant executors and trustees of this my will
(3) I order that my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses, also the cost of purchase of a headstone to be erected over my deceased wifes grave, to be paid out of my estate.
(4) I direct that on my death my executors above mentioned do sell and dispose of my Dwelling House owned by me and situate on Bond Street in the Town of Saint John's and numbered 93, also my Household goods and Furniture & effects of every description contained in said Dwelling together with all monies due me and in bank in my name to be deposited on interest in one of the City banks.
(5) I direct that my adopted daughter Nellie Olsen is to be educated, her college expenses board and clothing to be paid out of the above monies deposited in bank until she becomes of age, provided of course that she is not earning wages for herself.
(6) I direct that my adopted daughter Nellie Olsen and my nephew Edward Maxwell Dingle on becoming of age are to receive one half each of the monies then in Bank after deducting all expenses.
(7) Should either of the above named Nellie Olsen or Edward Maxwell Dingle die before coming of age the residue of my estate is to go to the one then living. Dated at St. John's Newfoundland this 27th day of May 1911. Christopher Olsen signed published and declared in the presence of Jas C Pratt. Frank Lumsden witnesses
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb