In the Supreme Court
In re Estate of CHARLES WILKIE UDLE
late of St. John's, Retired Super-
intendent of Public Works,
OATH OF EXECUTOR
Probate granted to
Raymond G. Udle &
Eric L. Udle
on the 5 day of April
Value of Estate $ 10, 913.16
G.A. Winter, J
April 3rd, 1958
To the Honourable the Supreme Court of Newfoundland or to One of the
Honourable the Judges thereof.
The Petition of RAYMOND GEORGE UDLE of St. John's, in the Province of
Newfoundland, in the Dominion of Canada, Building Superintendent, and
ERIC LUNDSTROM UDLE of the same place, Clerk,
HUMBLY SHEWETH, that,
1. CHARLES WILKIE UDLE, late of St. John's, in the Province of
Newfoundland, in the Dominion of Canada, Retired Superintendent of Public
Works, deceased, died at Chamberlains, Conception Bay, on or about the
28th day of February A.D. 1958, having previously made and executed his
Last Will and Testament wherein he appointed Your Petitioners the Executors
2. The said deceased at the time of his death left him surviving
as sole next-of-kin and no others, two sons - Your said Petitioners.
3. The said deceased at the time of his death was possessed of
property within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court of the probable
value of $10, 913.76.
4. The paper-writing hereto annexed marked "A" is the said Last
Will and Testament of the said deceased proved upon the Affidavit of
Henry Francis Hunt, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto.
5. The paper-writing hereto annexed marked "B" is a correct and
true Inventory and valuation of the estate and effects of the said deceased
at the time of his death, so far as Your Petitioners can at present ascertain.
6. Neither Probate of any Will nor Letters of Administration to the
estate of the said deceased have been applied for by or granted to any person.
Your Petitioners therefore pray that this Honourable Court or
Your Lordship shall be pleased to grant them Letters of Probate of the
said Last Will and Testament of the said deceased.
And Your Petitioners, as in duty bound, will ever pray, &c.
Dated at St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, this 28th
day of March, A.D. 1958.
RG Udle LS
Eric L Udle LS
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me, CHARLES WILKIE UDLE of
St. John's, in the Province of Newfoundland, in the Dominion of Canada,
Retired Superintendent of Public Works.
1. I hereby revoke all former Wills by me at any time made and
declare this to be my Last Will and Testament.
2. I appoint my sons, Raymond George, and Eric Lundstrom Udle,
joint Executors of this my Will.
3. I direct that my Executors shall first pay out of my Estate
all my just debts, funeral and testamentary expenses, including succession
duties, if any, so that all bequests will be free of any deductions in
respect of succession or other duties.
4. I give and bequeath to my grand-daughters, Daphne, Alison and
Janet the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00) each. To my grand-daughter,
Sandra, I give and bequeath the sum of Two hundred and fifty dollars
($250.00) which amount is to be placed to the credit of her present trust
account in the Bank of Montreal (Savings Department), St. John's, and not
withdrawn until she reaches the age of sixteen years.
5. I give and bequeath to my grandchildren, Bruce, Audrey and Charles,
The children of my younger son, Eric, the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00) each.
6. I make the following cash bequests:
(a) To Judy, the daughter of my niece, Margaret Handley,
of Medford, Mass., U.S.A., the sum of Fifty dollars
(b) To Pamela, the daughter of my niece, Daphne (Udle)
Wyatt, the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00);
(c) To Phyllis, the wife of my said son, Eric, the sum
Of One hundred dollars ($100.00);
(d) To Selina Mercer, wife of John Mercer of Chamberlains,
The sum of One hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00).
7. I give and bequeath to Jenifer Bailey, daughter of Marion Bailey,
the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00).
8. I give and bequeath a legacy of One Hundred dollars ($100.00) to
The Church of England Orphanage in memory of my parents.
9. I give and bequeath a legacy of One hundred dollars ($100.00) to
Queen's College (situate on Forest Road, St. John's), in memory of my wife,
Lillian, and grandchild, David Udle.
10. I give and bequeath all the balance of my cash on hand or in the
Bank to my Executors in trust for my said sons, Raymond and Eric, in equal
shares, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth. The said funds
shall be deposited in the Bank in a Trust Account, and each of my said sons
shall be entitled to be paid from such trust account such sums as he may
from time to time require - provided that the total withdrawals for each
son in any one year shall not exceed the sum of Five hundred dollars ($500.00).
11. I give and bequeath to my elder son, Raymond, my piano, to hold
the same in trust for his daughter, Sandra. As her natural guardian he is
hereby given authority, in his absolute discretion, to retain the instrument
or dispose of same by sale. If the latter course is followed, he is to
deposit the net proceeds of such sale in Sandra's trust account in the
Bank of Montreal (Savings Department).
12. I give and bequeath my motor car to my younger son, Eric.
13. Should either of my said sons predecease me, then and in such
event, the bequests to such son shall be divided among the wife and sur-
viving children of such deceased son, to be theirs absolutely, share and
14. I direct that my Executors shall distribute my personal belong-
ings, property and effects in accordance with the instructions set forth
in a memorandum that I shall leave for my Executors.
15. I give, devise and bequeath all the rest, residue and remainder
of my property of whatsoever kind and wheresoever situate of which I may
die possessed to my said sons, Raymond George, and Eric Lundstrom, to be
theirs absolutely, share and share alike.
SIGNED PUBLISHED AND DECLARED )
by the said Testator as and for )
his Last Will and Testament in )
the presence of us, both present )
at the same time, who, at his )
request, in his presence, and )
in the presence of each other, ) Charles Wilkie Udle LS
have hereunto subscribed our )
names as witnesses attesting )
the due execution hereof: )
Henry Frances Hunt LS )
Mrs. Carrie Collins LS )
Charles Wilkie Udle was born in St. Johnís, 12 Jun 1876. He was the first child and first son of George William Udle and Jane Emeline Wilkie.
He married Lillian Josephine Lundstrom on 30 August 1905 in St. Johnís. Lillian was born in St. Johnís on 20 Jul 1878, the first child and first daughter of John Antoine Lundstrom and Catherine Young.
Raymond George Udle married Florence L Hayward.
Eric Lundstrom Udle married Marion Dorothy Andrews.