Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 398-399 probate year 1912
Will of Ellen Ryan |
IN RE: ELLEN RYAN DECEASED
This is The last will and Testament of me, Ellen Ryan, of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland, widow, and I hereby revoke all former wills and Testamentary writings by me made.
1. I give and bequeath to my stepdaughter Margaret Webber, wife of George Webber, the sum of one hundred dollars
2. I give and bequeath to Charles Webber, son of the said Margaret Webber the sum of Twenty dollars.
3 I give and bequeath to Muriel Webber, daughter of the said Margaret Webber the sum of Thirty dollars.
4. I give and bequeath to Mrs Eliza Foley, of St. John's, wife of Daniel Foley the sum of Fifty dollars.
5. I give and bequeath to my nephew Lawrence Kelly the sum of Forty dollars
6. I give and bequeath to Katie Allan, daughter of Patrick Allen, the sum of $20.00; also a gold medal which belonged to my late son, John Ryan.
7. I give and bequeath to the Reverend John J. MacDermott of St. John's the sum of thirty dollars for his own personal use and benefit.
8. I give and bequeath to the said Reverend John J. MacDermott, the sum of forty dollars for the purpose of having celebrated a High Mass for the repose of my Soul.
9 I give and bequeath to my Cousin Miss Kate Roper the sum of Twenty dollars
10 I give and bequeath to the St. Vincent de Paul Society the sum of Twenty dollars.
11. I will and desire that after my death my Executor hereinafter named shall as soon as convenient sell and dispose of my house and land situate north side of Gower Street, St. John's, and without delay hand over the proceeds of such sale to the Priest in charge for the time being of St. Patricks Church, St. John's, the said money to be devoted by him to repairs of St. Patricks Church.
12. All the rest residue and remainder of my personal estate I give and bequeath to the Priest in charge of St. Patricks Parish at the time of my death to be used by him towards repairs of St. Patricks Church.
I hereby constitute and appoint Cyril J Cahill, of St. John's aforesaid Solicitor, sole Executor of this my will. Dated at St. John's aforesaid this 14th day of November A.D. 1911. Ellen her x mark Ryan Signed by the said Testatrix by making her mark thereto as and for her last will and Testament in the presence of us, both being present at the same time who at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other subscribed our names as witnesses, having been first read over and explained to the said Testatrix who fully understood the contents thereof Cyril J. Cahill Eliza Foley.
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb