Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 8 page 219-220 probate year 1907
Will of Ellis C. Watson |
In re: ELLIS C. WATSON. DECEASED.
This is the last will of me, Ellis C. Watson, of St. Johnís in the Island of Newfoundland, Superintendent of Fisheries. I appoint my nephew, W. W. Watson, Manager of the Bank of Nova Scotia, Executor of this my will and direct that after my decease he shall collect my Estate and distribute the several legacies hereafter bequeathed. I bequeath the following pecuniary legacies:-
I bequeath and devise all the residue of my Estate of what kind so ever unto my two sons Robert and Richard to be divided between them in equal shares. I revoke all wills and testamentary depositions heretofore made by me. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this Seventh day of August, Anno Domini, Nineteen hundred and six Ellis C. Watson signed by the said Ellis C. Watson the testator as his last will in the presence of us, who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto signed our names as witnesses. C Alcock. A Vincent
D. M. Browning
- (a) To Adelaide, daughter of my brother, Robert Watson, the sum of Fifty dollars.
- (b) To Ellis and Hubert, children of my brother James H. Watson, the sum of Fifty Dollars, each.
- ( c) To Harry, son of my deceased brother Richard, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
- (d) To Frank and Stanley, children of Andrew and Julia Lumsden, the sum of Fifty Dollars each.
- (e) To my sister in Law, Elizabeth Tait, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
- (f) To my sister in law, Julia Lumsden, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
- (g) To Rebecca Watson, wife of my nephew W. W. Watson, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
- (h) To Catherine, wife of my son Richard, the sum of Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Jan 7. 07
Jan 10. 07
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb