Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 228-229 probate year 1911
Will of Emma Ann White|
In re: EMMA ANN WHITE. DECEASED
This is the last will and Testament of me Emma Ann White of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland widow I appoint Charles H. Emerson of Saint John's aforesaid Barrister at Law to be sole Executor of this my last will and Testament It is my will and desire that my Executor shall sell as soon after my death as possible either by public auction or private sale as he may deem best, my leasehold premises on Gower Street now occupied by Mark Sheppard, and after payment of all expenses which may be connected with such sale to divide the balance of the proceeds thereof amongst my brothers and sisters namely Samuel Goss, Thomas Goss, Mary Hannah Wheeler, Margaret Day, and Elizabeth Gushue share and share alike.
I give and bequeath unto my sister Elizabeth Gushue my gold watch and chain and all Jewellery and furniture and effects which may be in her house at the time of my decease.
It is my will and desire that from and out of the moneys which may be standing to my credit in the Royal Bank of Canada at the time of my decease there shall be paid as follows:
D. M. Browning
(1) all my just debts funeral and Testamentary expenses including tombstone and cemetery railing
(2) To my mother Maria Goss the sum of one hundred dollars
(3) To my brother in law Frank Gushue, in recognition of his kind attention to me during my illness the sum of one hundred dollars
(4) To the Right Reverend Edward P. Roche Vicar General Saint John's the sum of two hundred dollars for the Celebration of Masses for the repose of my Soul
(5) To the Reverend Mother Superior of the Convent at Torbay, for the benefit of the Convent the sum of two hundred dollars.
(6) To the Reverend Mother Superior of the Mercy Convent St. John's for works of charity, the sum of one hundred dollars.
(7) To my Executor for managing my Estate an amount equal to five per cent in the value of the estate. If any balance should remain over after payment of the above legacies, it is my will and desire that the same be paid to the Reverend Mother Superior of the Belvedere Orphanage St. John's for the benefit of the institution.
Dated at Saint John's this 27th day of February 1911. Emma Ann White Signed by the said Testatrix as and for her last will and Testament in the presence of us, who at her request, in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses Winifred Gamberg Michael Fleming Charles H. Emerson
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb