Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 150-151 probate year 1925
Will of Fanny Kelly |
IN RE: FANNY KELLY. DECEASED I hereby nominate and appoint the Reverend Edward J. Wilson at present Parish Priest of Trepassey, Newfoundland, to be the Executor of this my Will. I will and direct that my Executor shall as soon as convenient after my death pay all my just debts and funeral and testamentary expenses.
This is the last Will and Testament of me, Fanny Kelly of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland, Widow, and I hereby revoke all former Wills and Testamentary Writings.
1. I give and bequeath to my said Executor the sum of five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) to be expended by him for Masses for the repose of my soul and the souls of my deceased husband and sister.
2. I give and bequeath unto my said Executor the sum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.) IN TRUST for the children of my nephew, James Wilson, said sum to be expended by my said Executor at whatever times and in whatever manner he may think fit.
3. I give and bequeath the sum of Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) to my niece, Katie Cross, at present residing with Mrs. Harvey Chappell in Malden, Massachesuttes. U.S.A.
4. I give and bequeath the sum of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) to my housekeeper, Mary McDonald.
5. I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to Belvidere Orphanage, Saint John's.
6. I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to Mount Cashel Orphanage, saint John's.
7. I give and bequeath the swum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to the Men's Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Saint John's.
8. I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to the Women's Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Saint John's.
9. I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to Miss Alice Baker, known in religion as Sister Magdalene of the Order of Sisters of Mercy at present at St. Clare's Hospital at Saint John's.
10. I give and bequeath all the residue and remainder of my property both real and personal unto my said Executor absolutely for his sole use and benefit.
Dated at saint John's, aforesaid, this 12th day of November, Anno Domini, One thousand nine hundred and twenty-four. FANNY KELLY. Signed, Published and declared by the said Testatrix as and for her last Will and Testament in the presence of us, both being present at the same time, who at her request and in her presence have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. Cyril J. Cahill. Mary McDonald.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 30/25
Horwood C. J.
to Rev Edward
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb