Transcribed by Judy Benson and Ivy Benoit. While we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 11 page 550 probate year 1920
Will of James Finlay|
In re: JAMES FINLAY DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me James Finlay of John of St. Shotts in the Dominion of newfoundland.
1. I appoint as my executor the Rev Wm O'Flaharty P.P. of Trepassey newfoundland.
2. I bequeath for requiem masses for my soul the sum of one hundred dollars. ($100.00) and for funeral expenses and tombstone the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00)
3. I bequeath unto Belvadere Orphanage the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00) and unto Mt Cashel Orphanage the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00)
4. I bequeath unto my sister Alice residing at Clinton, Ohio U.S.A. the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00)
5. I bequeath unto my sister Annie the sum of five hundred dollars ($500.00)
6. I bequeath the remainder of my money to my four remaining sisters Viz Mary, Elizabeth, Bride and Josephine to be equally divided between them.
7. I bequeath unto John and Alonzo Finlay sons of my brother Michael Finlay residing at St. Shotts all my land, my house, barn, fishing gear, boat, dory, stage, store and wharf to be equally divided between them.
8. I bequeath unto my father John Finlay Sr of St Shotts my cattle and sheep.
I James Finlay of John, the testator declare this to be my last will and testament this 20th day May A.D. nineteen hundred and Twenty
James Finlay of John
Signed and declared in the presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have signed our names as witnesses.
William Taylor Thomas Finlay.
William F. Floyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Nov 22/20
to Rev. W. O'Flaharty
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb