Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 9-10 probate year 1924
Will of James Mayo |
IN RE: JAMES MAYO. DECEASED
In the name of God. Amen. This is the last Will and Testament of me, James Mayo of St. John's, Trader.
1. It is my will and desire that my Executrix hereinafter named and appointed, shall pay all my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses.
2. I will, devise and bequeath to my daughter, Lavina Hodder, all my right, title and interest in the dwelling house in which I now reside, together with all the household furniture, including the piano, also my shop and business and the stock in trade contained therein for her sole and separate use for ever.
3. I will, devise and bequeath to Dorcas Hodder my granddaughter, one hundred dollars ($100) to be paid her by my Executrix, when she attains the age of fifteen years.
4. It is my will and desire that all other of my estate, moneys and effects that I may die possessed of shall be equally divided between my two daughters Lavina Hodder and Charlotte Mayo.
5. It is also my will and desire that my said daughter Charlotte will reside with my daughter Lavina, until she has a home of her own, provided she lives in peace and unity with my said daughter Lavina otherwise it shall be optional with my said daughter Lavina to refuse her permission to continue to reside with her.
6. I hereby appoint my said daughter Lavina Hodder to be my Executrix of this my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all other and further Wills that may have been made by me.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF: I hereunto my hand subscribe and set this Ninth day of March A.D. 1915.
Signed by the said Testator as and
for his last Will and Testament in
our presence, who in his presence, at
his request and in the presence of
each other, have hereunto our hands
subscribed and set the day and year
first above written.
E. LEO. Carter. F. J. Morris.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 25/24
adm C. T. A.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb