Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 10 page 486 probate year 1917. This name is spelled Whelan, Walin and Whelin in the will, and Whelan in the will index
Will of James Whelan |
In re: JAMES WHELAN . DECEASED.
In the name of God Amen. I James Whalin of Cape Broyle being sick in body but of sound and perfect memory thanks be to God for the same, do make and declare this my last will and testament in maner and form following
In witness whereby I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 19th day of February in the year of our Lord 1916 James X Walin The above instrument of one sheet was at the date thereof delivered to us by the testator James Walin to be his last will and testament and we at his request sign our names hereto as attesting witnesses in his presence Witnesses Edward Whelan John Dalton Michael Hartery
Charles H. Emerson
- First I bequeath to my son Edward Whalin my dwelling house stable and the ground adjoining and the said plot of land from my house to the Back Road.
- I bequeath to my son John Whalin two acres of clear land on the North East side of the Back Road.
- I bequeath to my son John half of my Forest land East side and my son John is to give Edward aright away to his land.
- I bequeath to my son Edward the remainder of my clear land North East of the Back Road,
- I bequeath to my son Edward the remaining half of Forest land West side,
- I bequeath to my son Edward all my Fishing Room and Water side,
- I bequeath to my son Edward one cow three sheep and my hors,
- I bequeath to my daughter Mary my Motor Boat and she is not to sell her but to hier to my son Edward.
- I bequeath to my daughter Mary one cow and one sheep,
- I bequeath to my grandson Michael Walin my caplin Seine and Dory
- I bequate that Edward’s son or sons is to have the said property after Edward’s death Edward Whalin whom I appoint my sole executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made.
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb