Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 page 462 probate year 1926
Will of Jane Frances Pumphrey |
IN RE: JANE FRANCES PUMPHREY. DECEASED
This is the last Will and Testament of me Jane Frances Pumphrey of Saint John's Widow.
1. Save as hereinafter provided I give and bequeath my household furniture and effects and articles of personal use to my sister Mary J. Pendergast of Saint John's Spinster and Mary Taaffe wife of William Taaffe of Saint John's Druggist in equal shares.
2. I give my watch and chain to Helen Taaffe daughter of the said Mary Taaffe.
3. I give to the Archbishop at Saint John's the sum of one hundred dollars to be expended by him for Masses for the repose of my soul and that of my late husband.
4. I direct my executor to erect a suitable headstone to the graves of myself and my late husband at Belvidere Cemetery.
5. I give to the Belvidere Cemetery Committee at Saint John's the sum of one hundred dollars in trust to apply the income thereof to the upkeep of my family plot in Belvidere cemetery.
6. All the rest residue and remainder of my moneys estate and effects I give devise and bequeath to my grandnephew Louis Kelly of Saint John's Shoemaker absolutely.
7. I appoint Thomas Bates of Saint John's Accountant executor of his my Will.
WITNESS my hand at Saint John's aforesaid this 19th day of February Anno Domini One thousand nine hundred and twenty five. JANE F. PUMPHREY.
Signed Published and Declared by the said testatrix as and for her last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other (all present at the same time) have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
W. E. Wood Temple Building St. John's (feb 19/25)
Mary Croke 12 Allans Sq.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Oct 23/26
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb