Transcribed by Judy Benson
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 87 probate year 1921
|Will of John Bindon|
|In re JOHN BINDON. DECEASED.
This is the last will and testament of me, John Bindon, at present of St. Johnís, in the Island of Newfoundland, Retired Customs Official.
1. I hereby revoke all other and former wills that may have been made by me and declare this to be my last will and testament.
2. It is my will and desire that the Debenture bonds at present held by me, to the value of 4.000.00, be realized by my executor, and the proceeds divided as follows:
(a) To my daughter, Mary Joseph Martin, wife of Patrick Martin, the sum of 562.00.
(b) to my daughter Augustus Dodd, wife of John Dodd, the sum of 562.00.
( c) To my daughter Hannah Gleeson, wife of Patrick Gleeson, the sum of 772.00.
(d) To my daughter Louisa Cotter, wife of John Cotter, the sum of 772.00.
(e) To my daughter Margaret Tobin, wife of James Tobin, the sum of 772.00.
(f) To my son James Bindon the sum of 560.00.
3. I give, devise and bequeath to my said daughter Mary Joseph Martin all my right, title and interest in and to ALL THAT farmland and premises owned by me, situate at Flatrock, in the Electoral District of St. Johnís East, and at present occupied by her.
4. All the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, of whatsoever nature and kind and wheresoever situate, of which I may die possessed, I give, devise and bequeath to my said daughter Louisa Cotter.
5. I hereby appoint my said son James Bindon to be the sole executor of this my last will and testament.
In testimony whereof I have hereunto subscribed my hand at St. Johnís aforesaid, this 3rd day of September A. D. 1920. J. J. BINDON.
Signed by the said testator as and for his last will and testament, in the presence of us, who, in his presence, at his request, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto our hands subscribed as witnesses. P. J. Maher M. J. Mulcahy.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 8/21
to James Bindon