Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 280 & 281 probate year 1922
Will of John G. Cragg|
In re: JOHN GOODACRE CRAGG DECEASED.
In the name of The Blessed Trinity. Amen. This is the last will of me John Goodacre Cragg of St. Johnís Clerk in Holy Orders revoking former wills.
FIRST I yield my body soul and spirit into the Hands of my Creator.
2. I appoint my daughter Caroline Goodacre Bailey executrix of this will.
3. I bequeath one hundred and fifty dollars to be applied for the benefit of the Church of England Orphanage St. Johnís.
4. I bequeath one hundred and fifty dollars to the Diocesan Synod of Newfoundland to be applied in aid of Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund.
5. I further bequeath to the Synod one hundred and fifty dollars to be applied in aid of the Clergy Retirement Fund.
6. I bequeath to my daughter Caroline Goodacre Bailey all my shares (210) in the Maritime Oil & Gas Company of Ainslee, Cape Breton and all profit benefit and advantage accrued or to accrue therefrom.
7. I bequeath to my executrix for the purposes hereinafter stated all War bonds of the Government of Newfoundland now belonging to me or to which I shall be entitled at my death and all benefits proceeds and profits therefrom and all my monies in the Bank of Montreal in the Bank of Nova Scotia or elsewhere and any other estate of which I shall die possessed, to form a fund to be divided when said War bonds mature, as follows, one third to my said daughter Caroline, one third to my daughter Eliza Maude Maria, and the remaining one third in equal fifths to my grandchildren Caroline Anna, Angelica Maude Goodacre, Hilda Marguerite Collingwood, Winifred Rouse, and Samuel nelson Collingwood, children of my said daughter Caroline; but I empower my executrix to pay out either of the bequests of this paragraph before the end of June 1928 if in her good discretion sufficient occasion shall arise.
Dated at St. Johnís this ninth day of August 1922, John Goodacre Cragg.
Signed published and declared by the testator as his last will in our presence who in his presence and in that of each other hereto set our names on the day above written
Geo M. Johnson. Percie Johnson.
By this Codicil to my will of the 9th inst on this page typed
I further bequeath to the Synod one hundred and fifty dollars to be applied in aid of the Clergy Sustentation Fund. Otherwise I confirm the said will, this 18th day of August 1922.
JOHN GOODACRE CRAGG.
Made and witnesses with the formalities of the will in presence of us
Percie Johnson Geo. M. Johnson.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Nov 1/22
to Caroline A.
Bailey Nov 1/22
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb